Translate

Monday, March 12, 2018

A Shamrock for You!

Good morning blogger friends!

I'm up on the Tutti Designs Blog today sharing St. Patrick's Day inspiration using the Nesting Stitched Heart to create a shamrock for you! I've also used the Nesting Stitched Banner and Nesting Stitched Tag dies on this card.  These versatile collections are all available in the Tutti Designs Store.

I'm a wee bit Irish on both parents side.  My genealogy research reveals a great, great, great grandfather that was born in Ireland many, many years ago, when it was still part of Great Britain.  Green is my favorite color too...it's reminds me of spring and everything new after the long winter.  So, it was refreshing to create this St. Patrick's Day card!

'Three Wishes"

The Nesting Stitched Heart die worked perfectly to create the dimensional shamrock that is the focal point of this card. 


I cut 9 medium sized hearts using the Nesting Stitched Hearts and scored them down the center.  I made smaller ones too, in case I decided to add more shamrocks.


Each petal consists of 3 hearts adhered together to create the shamrock.


Here's a close up of the 3-D shamrock along with the sentiment that I printed, cut, and matted using the Nesting Stitched Tag.  I cut several of the Nesting Stitched Banners in different colors to tuck between the layers and under the sentiment tag.  Instead of making smaller shamrocks, I used 3 of the hearts as the top layer for the larger hearts on the shamrock.


Finished 3-D Shamrock card.

Featured Product

Tutti Designs Nesting Stitched Banners


Tutti Designs Nesting Stitched Hearts




Challenges entered:

 Thank you for stopping by to share my  St. Patrick's Day inspiration for Tutti Designs!
 
Be sure to visit the Tutti Designs Store for all available die cuts in the most recent release along with the full inventory of Tutti Dies.

You'll find more inspiration on our other Tutti Designs sites:


7 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! Amazing card and your 3-D shamrock looks just wonderful!! Stunning work, a very creative and clever way to stretch your dies!

Petra L said...

Love your shamrock card Vicky. It's beautiful.

Hugs, Petra

Sherri Thacker said...

I love how you made that shamrock. Very clever! Thanks for joining us in our green things challenge at Cards in Envy.

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

I love this love how you made your clover Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

SewPaperPaint said...

Hi Vicki! I just love how you've made this card. I am so inspired and hope to try this myself, if time allows. What a beautiful and inspiring post. Hugs, Autumn

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh love how you did your shamrock!!! so fun!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!

Ania said...

Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Ania DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails