Translate

Sunday, August 10, 2008

My altered life....

Since we have already (hard to believe) been through the first half of the calendar year and we are working on the second, I thought I would post a few of my favorite altered projects. Some of them may have appeared earlier in my blog, but you will just have to look at them again! First, meet the triplets....Meredith, Madison, and Morgan (from left to right in the photo). They are my good friend, Kim's triplets and the focus of this layout you see. Every year for Easter, I alter something for them along with a new Easter basket/container of some sort. They were so into flip flops this year, that it was the first thing that came to mind when I was searching for something to alter. Kim had each of them pose with their flip flops on so I would have photos for a layout. This DCWV pp was perfect, to say the least, for this "ribbons n' toes" page!


This "Time Frame" is one of my favorite altered pieces. For some reason, it looks crooked in the picture, but it's not! The papers are MME Wild Asparagus and I used a Technique Tuesday stamp frame. The little boy in the photo is my dad when he was 6, along with his two sisters and his grandmother. His grandmother, my great grandmother, immigrated from Scotland when she was 9 years old. We still have the family Bible dated 1848. The basket is a little trinket that I altered for a 4th of July party at DD's this year.


Another dollar aisle find from Target. I altered this bug cage for my GS using the Fancy Pants, "About a Boy" pps. So perfect for this!



This lunchbox tin was a favor at a scrappy birthday get together that a dear friend had for me. We all got a tin to alter along with dinner and a birthday cake made by her DH! It was so fun. I used Fancy Pants papers and added some Stickles, bling and a butterfly! The altered notebook is a dollar store find that I altered for keeping records of my published work. And, the Melissa Frances Chipboard album is done using Cosmo Cricket papers. Haven't added any photos yet. Still working on what to do with it.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails