Translate

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Quiet weekend!

It's been a very quiet weekend for me. DH was in a golf tournament the past 3 days so it has been exceptionally quiet here. I did some scrapping with friends on Friday evening and a little yesterday. Today I am just enjoying the beautiful weather. Would you believe that some of the leaves are changing already? We have several trees nearby that have scarlet leaves on them. Tomorrow I hope to get some pictures. This is also a very busy week here in the Poconos. The last week before Labor Day and there are M'uperes everywhere! All of the "last minute, before school starts" vacationers are here! Our infrastructure is just not enough any more!

Here's a layout that I started Friday evening and finished yesterday morning at 4 A.M.! Very "out of the box" for me, but its growing on me. I made it for my new guest DT gig at Cropstop and used a sketch from a challenge at a great site called, Creative Scrappers. The sketch is a Becky Fleck sketch. The flowers are just amazing to make! I learned the technique from another fellow scrapper, Scrapperlicious. Her work is amazing and she posted the "how-to" in her blog. So, I thought I would give them a try. I just love them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of the box? I didn't think you restricted yourself to one Vicki!
I think this is wonderful. You amaze me. I love those flowers. Such a nice touch!

Jeni Glee said...

Vicki, you always know just how to put "this here" and "that there" when you create. I just wish I had some of your talent! This layout is beautiful from the photo to those lovely flowers! Just beautiful!

Sheryl said...

That's so pretty Vicki - love all the lace, and the flowers are truly lovely. Glad you are feeling better enough to scrap again!

Vickilyn said...

Love the layout!!! glad to see you were up for the challenge!!

Vicki

chinapainter said...

Oh, my... I love this one!

Congrats on the GDT, you are well deserved this.

And hey... There's something for you in my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails