Translate

Monday, February 15, 2010

In the "Spotlight" !

I made this card on Friday evening while my scrap pals were here. It turned out much better than I thought it would. The technique is called "spotlight/highlight", as in choose a specific area of your image and "spotlight" it! I chose part of the butterfly to highlight. The card is made from Bazzill with K & Co. pp as the background. The stamped images were done using an old Sugarloaf background stamp and a SU butterfly stamp. I cut a small square from the second image and colored the butterfly section of the square with Copics. It is mounted over the stamped butterfly on the other image so that they match! There are pop dots under the small square to give it some dimension. I added another strip of Bazzill and pp across the bottom of the card. The lower edge was done using the new SU scallop trim punch. The added bow and sentiment are SU also!


5 comments:

Toni said...

Neat card, luv the look of this!!!

Carol<>< said...

very pretty, great contrast of colors!
Carol<><

Fink said...

Love your card! It was nice to see you stop by! Thanks for visiting me! Please give it a try! It was fun!

Beth said...

What a cool technique!! Beautiful card!!

Linda . J said...

Such a beautiful card Vicki with lovely detail and the papers and colours are gorgeous.
Hugs Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails