Translate

Thursday, October 6, 2011

CropStop's Challenge #39, "Dainty Doily"

This week's challenge on the CropStop Challenge Blog is, "Dainty Doily" We want to see doily patterns on your creation.



I wasn't crazy about this card when I started it, but I sure love how it turned out! The burgundy bow looks so rich and elegant against the background colors.

I started with white cardstock and swiped some Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink across it. Then, I added the CTMH, "Simple Memories" doily stamp with Versamark and dusted with Ranger Antique Linen Distress Powder. Next, I did the same with Ranger Tea Dye Distress Powder. Finally, I used CTMH Cranberry Embossing Powder . I embossed with my heat gun after adding each color. The stamped white cardstock is matted with Bazzill and Craft Paper cardstock.
The sentiment is stamped with Just Rite's "My Rainbow" set and CTMH Cranberry Ink on Bazzill cardstock. I used Spellbinder Classic Scalloped Oval Small and Spellbinder Classic Petite Oval Large Dies for the sentiment tag and matting. The leaves are Prima.
The "Dainty Doily" challenge is waiting for your creative entry! Visit the CropStop Challenge Blog and play along. You can find the guidelines under the "rules" tab to be sure your entry will qualify for a prize.
When shopping in the CropStop Store, use my CropStop Special Discount Code, CTC-VR, for 10% off your total purchase with no minimum required! Easy, cause' the code never changes!

2 comments:

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

It's a wonderful and fabulous card, Vicki! Love the rich colors and the work with the embossing powders. The card looks so great!

Kathleen - Fellow Cropstop CT member
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Donna Maligno said...

Vicki, this is just plain gorgeous! I know what you mean when you go down one road with an idea in mind and, voila!, something totally different emerges! Great job - stunning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails