Translate

Saturday, February 9, 2013

"Around the Block" ATC

Hi followers!  I was a little under the weather yesterday, literally, aside from not feeling well.  The monster storm, NEMO, paid us a visit and thankfully, was very kind to us.  Our snow accumulation only amounted to 6 inches.  I'm afraid our neighbors to the east were not as fortunate.  Take care and stay safe!

Now, on to my project for this week...

A very different altered project to share with you today.  I took a turn "around the block" instead of "out of the box".  ATCs, Artist Trading Cards, are very popular in the crafting world.  One of the newer trends is to create an ATC mounted on a wooden block.  I just happened to have the perfect size block in a stash that my father made for our daughters many years ago.  So, here goes...

I started with a wooden block and a coat of gesso to seal the wood.  Gesso is not a necessity since the wooden block will be covered with patterned paper, but I personally like to seal wood before I use it for my projects. The block is a piece of 2" x 4" cut to ATC size of 2 1/2" x 3 1/2".  The 2" thickness adds the dimension to the ATC.


I used one of my favorite inks and background stamps, Tsukineko Memento Desert Sand and Heartfelt Creations Pre Cut Burlap.  Both are available in the CropStop Store.


I adhered patterned paper to all 4 sides along with the top and bottom of the block using Inkssentials Glue N Seal - Matte.  You can see the burlap print background that I stamped using the Heartfelt Creations Pre Cut Burlap Stamp and Tsukineko Memento Desert Sand ink.  I also inked the edges of my papers.


I adhered some sticker sentiments around the 4 sides of the block.


The top of my ATC block to on a life of it's own!  I found a sentiment that I really liked and wanted to use as the theme.  An abundance of texture and layers in addition to lots of details including a Glitz Giant Rhinestone and Vintaj by Sizzix Brass Heart. Glue N Seal is a life saver when creating altered art!


And, here is the finished ATC Block!


Vintaj by Sizzix Metal Heart
Close To My Heart Hinge
EK Success Stick Pin
Heidi Swapp Sticker Sentiments
Recollections Jewel Hearts
Beads, Burlap, Corrugated Cardboard, Jewels, Thread
 
I hope I have inspired you to try something new and create one of your own ATC blocks.  Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Visit the CropStop Store for your crafting needs.  Use my special CropStop discount code, CTC-VR, on checkout, for 10% off your total purchase.  No minimum required.  Easy cause' the code never changes.

post signature

6 comments:

FojAga said...

Great background stamp!

cebelica said...

I knew what ATCs are, but I've never heard of ATCs mounted on a wooden block. Interesting. I think your turned out great!

Dana Tatar said...

This is super cool Vicki! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

Majo said...

Wow! Vicki, this is stunning and so inspiring! I will go find me some lumber now ...

Hugs
Majo

Majo said...

WOW! Vicki, this is stunning and so inspiring. I will go find me some lumber now ...

Hugs
Majo

Katie said...

What a neat idea! I hadn't seen an ATC mounted on wood before. Your's is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails