Translate

Friday, May 24, 2013

Blanc sur la carte blanche!

I've been wanting to create a monochromatic card for a while, but wasn't sure what color I was going to use.   Today I want to share a "white on white" card using only the color white.


The entire card is made from Bazzill white cardstock.

I cut the base to an 8 1/2" x 10" dimension that when folded in half, makes a 4 1/4" x 5" card. 

   
Using a piece of cardstock cut to 4" x 4 3/4", I embossed with the Couture Creations Magical A2 embossing folder and added some glitter to a few of the leaves.  This was mounted onto the cardstock base.


Next, I die cut and assembled the embellishments, adding Ranger Rock Candy Glitter to the flowers.  I used Robins Nest Dew Drops for the center of the violets.


I layered the Whimsy Circle and Seville Buckle to use as the sentiment base.  The typed sentiment was punched out with an EK Success 1" punch.  The leaves were tucked in behind the sentiment base and the flowers were glued on top above the sentiment.

Supplies

*Denotes similar product available in the CropStop Store.

Thanks for stopping by to see my Friday project.  I hope I have inspired you to create a monochromatic card of your own!

Shop at CropStop, the stopping place for paper crafters.  Use my special CropStop discount code, CTC-VR, for 10% off your total purchase with no minimum required.  Easy cause the code never changes.
 post signature

6 comments:

cebelica said...

I love "white on white" cards a lot because they are very elegant. I've been wanting to create one on my own for a while, but haven't gotten around to do it yet. Yours turned out great. Great design and those glitters on the leaves look great. Hugs! xx

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Vicki this is gorgeous always love an all white card . Really like the whimsy circle die and how you placed the sentiment in the center.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend.
Marilyn

Susan Hogan said...

So pretty - so lacy and delicate. Thanks for sharing.

Donna Maligno said...

Vicki, this is mind-numbing GORGEOUS!!! I am so looking forward to having you as a guest DT for my blog - now even more!

Sandy said...

So very elegant - and I am so lucky I found you!!!!!
Sandy

Elenore Baker said...

This is such an elegant, classy card - well done!! It could be done in several colours as well.
I would love to get these dies and EF in Australia, so I'm on the hunt now! Thank you for sharing your work. Elenore

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails