Translate

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Brag book for Father's Day!

This is a fun, folding wallet-like brag book that is a perfect Father's Day gift for dad, grandfather, brother, uncle, or friend!  I made this tutorial a few years back, but have had several people ask if I still had it around, so I thought I would post it here in my blog.  It's a quick and easy project.

Supplies:
Paper Trimmer
Adhesive
Scissors
Cardstock - 2 different complimentary colors
Scraps of patterned paper that are complimentary to the cardstock


STEP 1
Cut your cardstock as follows...
Choose one color of cardstock to use as the outer cover of your wallet and cut a 4" x 11" piece. (10.2 x 27.9 cms.)


Cut a 1" x 8" piece from the same cardstock to be used as the "belly band" to hold the wallet closed. (2.5 x 20.3 cms.)

Take the second color and cut 3 panels 7 1/2" x 2 3/4". (19.1 x 7 cms.)

STEP 2
Score the 4" x 11" cover piece at 1 3/4", 2", 5", and 8".
(10.2 x 27.9 cms.) (4.4, 5.1, 12.7, 20.3 cms.)


Next...
Score the 3 pieces of cardstock measuring 7 1/2" x 2 3/4" in half at 3 3/4".
(19.1 x 7 cms.) (9.5cms.)


This is what your cardstock should look like...


STEP 3
Adhere the 3 inside panels so that they open in alternating direction.


STEP 4
Cut 3 journaling blocks measuring 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" from scrap paper and adhere down the center when the inside panels are open. (6.4 x 8.9 cms.)


STEP 5
From your scraps of patterned paper cut 3 squares measuring 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" to adhere to the outside of your folding panels. I cut an additional 3 from a second patterned paper to embellish the insides too for a total of 6 squares measuring 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". (6.4 x 8.9 cms.)


STEP 6
You can let the top closing flap remain plain and square or use a border punch on it. I chose the MS lace border punch to embellish the flap on my wallet and then inked the edges to match my papers.


STEP 7
Starting at the bottom of the wallet, fold it up and close the top flap over the wallet.


OPTIONAL
I embellished the bottom of the front cover also with cs measuring 3 3/4" x 2 3/4" ( 9.5 x 7cms.) and pp measuring 3 1/2" 2 1/2". (8.9 x 6.4 cms.)

I also added some matching card stock and patterned paper to my flap. The cardstock measures 3 3/4" x 7/8". (9.5 x 2.2cms.) The pp measures 3 1/2" x 5/8". (8.9 x 1.6 cms.)

STEP 8
Wrap the belly band around the wallet and adhere the "overlap" so that there is enough room to slide it "on and off" of the wallet. Embellish as desired.


Here is the finished Wallet Brag Book!


Thanks for stopping by my blog!

post signature

1 comment:

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love all those different little pages/inserts...I have to give it a try...I do more cards but I will try to do one some day...thanks for the tutorial
bye
keep in touch
bibiana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails