Translate

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Guest Designing for Just Imagine Crafts-Kreaxions Punches

Hey bloggers...this is my month to guest design for Just Imagine Crafts and Kreaxions Punches.  They have a fabulous line of 4 in 1 punches along with other cool tools for papercrafting.

 With Father's Day just around the corner, I thought an altered project for dad was in order. I also wanted to show the versatility of the Just Imagine Kreaxion punches. So here is a fun beach chair gift!

 I started with an unfinished wooden beach chair and gave it a coat of Gesso to seal the wood. 

 Then I gave it a coat of Nautical Blue to go along with the beach theme.

 Using the Kreaxion's Punch #310 with the A plate, I made a border stencil. I found that if I lined up the flourish edge of the previous punched outline with the edge of the A plate, the spacing was perfect.

 Next, I placed the stencil across the front of the chair. I used white acrylic paint and stenciled the punched design on the chair.


 After the acrylic paint dried, I added some detail using a Zig marker.

A beach umbrella was the next accessory to go along with the chair. I found some fun MME paper in my stash and cut the pieces for the hood of the umbrella. Next, I punched each of the pieces with the Kreaxions #310 punch without any plates.

 I cut an umbrella hood from Bazzill Bling and added the patterned pieces. To make the punched image pop, I added orange cardstock under it. Then I used the Zig marker again for some faux stitching and added a Queen & Co candy dot at the top.


  A printed seat cover, some ornamental seashells and a "Happy Father's Day" sign to hang over the back, complete the chair!

 Here's my completed project including an "Ocean's of Love" card to go along with it. I use the Kreaxion's #310 punch on the corner of the Rogue Redhead Design stamped image to represent the water current.

 I hope I have inspired you to try these amazing punches on your cards and projects!
Visit the Just Imagine Crafts-Kreaxions Punches Blog for more fabulous ideas.

Supplies
Bazzill Cardstock
Close To My Heart Twine 
My Mind's Eye Patterned Paper
Queen & Co Candy Dot
Sizzix Ancient Document Die-cut (retired)
Seashells
Unfinished Wooden Beach Chair
Zig Marker

post signature

4 comments:

LisaM said...

I love that you used the punched border for a stencil, so clever! Fabulous work, my friend!

wendipooh13 said...

congrats on the GDT!!! LOVE LOVE your project, sooo cute and love how you used the punch.

rose said...

Oh I just love this and glad to see your mojo hard at work using punch as a stencil, oh does it come in bigger size!!

cebelica said...

This is oh so pretty! Such a fab idea!!! Love, love, love this little chair. I wouldn't have thought about turning it into such a fun father's day gift. I also love the idea of creating your own stencil. So clever! Thank you for the inspiration! Hugs! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails