Translate

Friday, July 19, 2013

Couture Creations Vintage Girl Embossing Folder

I wanted to try using canvas as my embossing material this week and I'm so glad that I did!  I love the embossed result that I got with the  Couture Creations Vintage Girl Embossing Folder from the Elegance Collection.  The folder comes in both A2 and 5 x 7, which is what I used.

"Our Souls"

My card base is Core'dinations cardstock with the next layer being patterned paper from Prima.

I used Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas-Natural as the embossed layer.  The canvas is a great medium to emboss and the backing peels of easily so you can adhere it directly to your card base.

The embossed canvas is inked with Ranger  Spun Sugar, Tea Dye, and Victorian Velvet Distress Stains.  There is a touch of Tea Dye on the edges of the paper flowers and pillows also.  I added a few drops of Petal Pink Liquid Pearls randomly over the canvas along with around the oval that was eventually covered up with details and no longer shows!

I raided my stash for the My Mind's Eye quote tag.  It's been there for a very long time.  A piece of hemp twine and May Arts sheer ribbon are tied at the top. The chair and roses are cut from a Prima tag, the pillows are from a scrap piece of Graphic 45 patterned paper and the mulberry roses are from miscellaneous unknown sources.

Featured Product

From my stash...
 My Mind's Eye tag
Graphic 45 Patterned Paper*
Prima Almanac Patterned Paper
Twine

*Denotes similar product available

I hope I have inspired you to try embossing canvas and/or fabric on your projects.

Thanks for stopping by the my blog!

Don't miss all of the new CHA releases in the CropStop Store.  Pre-orders are available now.  See our Pre-Order page for details on placing your orders.  Use my CropStop special discount code, CTC-VR, on checkout for 10% off your total purchase with no minimum required. Easy cause' the code never changes.
 Shop CropStop...the stopping place for paper crafters!
post signature

2 comments:

2amscrapper said...

this is gorgeous! so classy and elegant!

Debi said...

very pretty vintage card, love the pink, Debi x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails