Translate

Monday, August 12, 2013

"Hello" Monday!

It's Monday and I'm here to share a fun summer card with you today.  Before long, it will be time to think about the next approaching  season!  Area craft stores and other merchants are already ahead of the calendar.

"Hello"

I used Memory Box Brioche patterned papers for my card.  They have a great combo of reds, yellows, and blues in fun, summer prints.  The card is 6 x 6 with the base layer in blue.  I layered this with patterned paper that has a combination of red print that melts into a creamy butter yellow.

For the top layer of the card, I used a creamy yellow with tree print paper.  I matted this with a red floral print and added a die-cut red tree as the focal point.  I love how the red tree "pops" on the cream background.

I made my own bird and bird's nest using the Mod Podge Nature silicone mold.  Since I don't have any of the  Mod Podge Melt Sticks at the moment, I used the air dry dough in my stash.  It worked great, but I still want to get some of the Mod Podge Melt Sticks!  I colored the bird and bird's nest with my Ranger Inks and a water brush.

The stamped sentiment is matted with red and blue cardstock and mounted on top of the die-cut branch and a piece of yellow fabric trim.  I tied the organdy ribbon over the sentiment and glued the bird's nest and bird to the center of the ribbon to finish the card.
Memory Box Brioche Patterned Papers
Memory Box Tree of Wonder*
Memory Box Woodland Branch *
Mod Podge Mod Mold - Nature
Ranger Distress Inks
 Aged Mahogany, Broken China, Brushed Corduroy,
 Gathered Twigs, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Tea Dye
Spellbinders Classic Oval - Large
Spellbinders Classic Oval - Scalloped
Tim Holtz Water Brush
Tsukineko/Memento Rich Cocoa Ink

From My Stash...
Stampin' Up Sentiment Stamp
Yellow Fabric Trim

Thanks for stopping by.
  I hope you were inspired by this summer card
Vicki

Shop at CropStop...the stopping place for paper crafters.
Use my special CropStop discount code, CTC-VR, for 10% off your total purchase with no minimum required.  Easy, cause' the code never changes!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails