Translate

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Double D "Silhouette" Challenge!

It's time for our second challenge of the month at the Double D Challenge Blog.  We did a full swing for this one and went from bright neon colors to dark colors.  Dark as in silhouettes.  And that is the theme for this new challenge.

"Silhouettes"

We'll be giving away a fun prize for this challenge to one lucky player chosen by random.org.  Everyone is welcome to play along because our prizes ship internationally too!  Here's the prize being offered....

 Silhouette Kids from Frantic Stamper Inc.

In addition to the prize offered, the Design Team will choose a Top Creative Winner and Top 3 from all entries.  So, please join us at the Double D Challenge Blog for our "Silhouettes" Challenge.  You could be one of our winners!

And, here's a mood board to inspire you...


A silhouette is the image of a person, animal, object or scene represented by a solid shape usually in black.  I have a  rooster die cut that I have been waiting to use as a silhouette.  When the sun begins to rise and the rooster crows, he looks like a silhouette against the horizon.  

Here's my silhouette inspiration for you...

"You have a beautiful soul"

Designed in my typical 6 x 6 size, I love how this card turned out!  The base is black cardstock with a rust color matting under the patterned background paper.  I added lots of layers using tags and die cuts.  The rooster and wreath silhouettes pop against the lighter colors.  A rust double loop bow, blue pearls and twine pull out some of the background color.

From my stash...
Cheery Lynn Rooster
Clearsnap Chalk Ink
Close To My Heart Black Ink
Graphic 45 French Country Paper Collection
Jolee 3-D Sunflowers
May Arts Burlap Twine
Queen & Co. Pearls
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Graciellie Designs/Unity Stamp Sentiment
Sizzix Framelits Tag
Spellbinders Wreath and Zig Zag Circles

Challenges entered:
Classic Design Team - Anything Goes/4-28
CropStop Linky Party #27 - Anything Goes/5-11(May Arts Burlap String)
Really Reasonable Ribbon #161 - Flowers Theme/4-20
Word Art Wednesday #278-#279 Anything Goes/4-26

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I hope my silhouette card has inspired you to play along with our "Silhouette" Challenge at the Double D Challenge Blog!

  Vicki

24 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! I loooooooooooooooove you card! The background accents and layers look fabulous! And that chicken, perfect! This is a wonderful creation!

Devon said...

I love the rooster and the wreath, it looks like it is all one die and I love all the background colors yellows, golds, and reds. Great Job.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing card, your design is really gorgous!!
Love the mood board of this challenge :)

Diane said...

I agree with Donna I LOVE your card!!! All those fabby layers and the design is gorgeous!! That Rooster stole my heart right away with the sunflowers, I am a country girl and this card is farm girl for sure...love it!!

Leslie Miller said...

Vicki, I've been admiring your card ever since you put it up on the DD blog. WOW! The rooster die is fantastic, but with your papers and card design it just blows me away. I dearly love the sentiment, too. Beautiful all over!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh Wow! I love everything about this beautiful card -- the die cut, the the sunflowers, the theme, the colors, and the embellishments!! Perfect!! Thanks so much for linking your creativity up to the Cropstop blog this month!

Cheryl Walker said...

OMGOSH I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card!!!! Its so pretty, and I LOVE roosters, my kitchen is done in them! I think you need my addy???? heheheheeh :)

awww someone is going to be so lucky to receive this beauty! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon this week!
hugs
Cheryl

cherry said...

So sweet I LVE the rooster and red...thanks for playing with us at RRR!

Bonnie Garby said...

Fantastic card Vicki! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous design, Vicki. I love the rooster on all the farm like background papers. Wonderful layers and details.

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous design, Vicki. I love the rooster on all the farm like background papers. Wonderful layers and details.

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific card! I love your silhouette and the whole theme of this!

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific card! I love your silhouette and the whole theme of this!

Darlene said...

WOWZA! Sorry I'm so late commenting! Easter holiday had me extra busy this year. Anyways OMG this creation is FANTASTIC! LOVE that paper pack ... the colors are so bold & beautiful. And, Mr. Rooster is PERFECT! I can hear him crowing his morning wake up call now lol! Great job my friend ... hope you're having a good weekend!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning and adorable card my friend...xxx
Thanks for taking time to comment while I was away on my scheduled posts. Greatly appreciated.
[aNNie]

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

This is a awesome design I love it Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow this is just super awesome. I love love love this. Great work. Looks just fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Hester said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours
Hesters DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

SewPaperPaint said...

Absolutely fabulous card! Love that die and your awesome layout. Hugs, Autumn

Karen Letchworth said...

I absolutely LOVE your silhouette card, Vicki! Thanks so much for sharing in our Put a Bow on It Challenge. I hope you will join us again soon.
Blessings.
Karen L
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Linsey R said...

This card is superb in every way!!! I absolutely love it!! thanks for joining us over at the RRR blog and sharing your wonderful work!!!

cherry said...

soooo prety and classsy

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow, wow, wow! This card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the way the black rooster pops against the gold tones of your designer paper. Perfectly composed and wonderful in every way!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Really Reasonable Ribbon "Put a Bow on It" Challenge!

Ginny @ Polly's Paper Studio said...

Such a charming card! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon : ) Hugs Ginny from Polly's Paper Studio

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails