Translate

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Double D Challenge "Sequins here, sequins there..."

Good morning blogger friends!

Ahhh, it's February...the month of Love and time for another fun challenge on the Double D Challenge Blog.  With Valentine's Day just a week away,  I used this opportunity to create another lovely Valentine!

 Team Diane is hosting this challenge along with the help of Team Darlene and the theme is "Sequins"! Who doesn't love those small, shiny decorative disks? I know that I do! 

The mood board offers a range of inspiration from colors to shapes and details.  Choose one, two, three, or all four of the photos to inspire your project.  Link it up to the Double D Challenge Blog post, "Sequins" by midnight on February 18th for the chance to be our "Top Creative Winner"or one of the "Top 3" chosen by our Design Team.  You could also be the winner chosen by random draw for the awesome prize shown below.


Paper Trey Ink Sparkle & Shine Sequin Dies

Here's your mood board inspiration...


In addition to the sequins, I was inspired by the pink and silver colors...


I used basically all silver and pink on this card except for the white card base and a splash of white here and there. The three hearts are stacked with foam tape for added dimension.  I "frosted" the top of the largest heart with heart shaped sequins.  The middle heart is cut from the same silver glitter paper that I used as matting for the dotted patterned paper.  I created a mini shaker image in the center of the smallest heart by using yet a smaller one to die cut the window.  The window is made from re-purposed packaging.  I added silver, pink and a few of the heart shaped sequins behind the window.  The heart that was cut out for the window became my sentiment background.  I created a multi loop bow and added an "XO" button to the center of it.  A couple of pearl stick pins and a few scattered sequins complete the details on my card. 

And voila!!  Another fun Valentine card to add to my stash.

Thanks for stopping by to share my "Sequin" inspiration for the Double D Challenge Blog.

Challenges entered:

So, come join the fun!  Link your sequin inspired project to our Double D February, "Sequin" Challenge post today.  You could be the winner of our awesome prize!

Visit all the Team Diane Double D team members for more inspiration...
And even more inspiration from Team Darlene teamies...
Darlene
I hope my sequin card has inspired you to play along!
Thanks again for stopping by....come back soon.
Vicki

25 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning and just love the colours used. Your bow is WOW factor.xx[aNNie]
 ❤️

Diane said...

This is stunning!! Love the heart layers and the clever little heart shaker and the design and, well heck I LOVE it all!!

Barbara said...

I think that this is the first Valentine card that I have seen with this color combo of pink and silver. It is fantastic and so gorgeous. It will not be forgotten and I will keep this in mind for a future dazzling card. See, I have learned something new already. I am so happy to be on this amazing team of crafters.

Donna Phelan said...

This is beautiful all over! Love the soft pinks and the pretty silvers. The sequins and mini shaker look amazing! Love, loooooove, LOVE! A real beauty!!!

Petra L said...

Lovely card Vicki, love the soft colors.

Hugs, Petra

Darlene said...

OMG this is SO pretty Vic! LOVE your choice of color AND design! GREAT use of sequins ... love this!!

Sandy Trefger said...

Very pretty! Love the sequins! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.
~Sandy
Sandy Trefger Creative Designs

Kristie said...

Such lovely card! I really like the pink and silver color combo. Thanks for playing with us over at Cards in Envy!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word... where to begin? Stunning use of the sequins! Those tiny, colorful heart sequins scattered over top... be still my heart! Cute little mini-shaker in the center, beautiful silver with the pink. I love every eensy inch of it!

Nance said...

Such a pretty and sparkly card. Love the papers and the colors! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Tangii said...

So elegant and pretty! Such a fantastic layout. Great take on the challenge!! Thanks for joining us (again, ;-) ) at 4 Crafty Chicks, hope to see you again!

Kathy Krug said...

This is just gorgeous,Vickie. Your pink and silver colors are elegant,and I love how you layered the hearts. Perfect way to use the sequins.

Diane said...

Well it's me again and ya know I LOVE this absolutely! Just wanted to pop in again and tell you thank you for entering our challenge at Dies R Us!!
Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing inspiration, so sweet!

sarascloset said...

Vicky, your Valentine is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! I love the layered hearts and the shaker feature. Thank you for sharing your artwork in our All You Need is Love challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs! Sara Emily

SewPaperPaint said...

Awesome layering and love the fluffy bow! Stunning card! Hugs, Autumn

Kathy Krug said...

Thanks for linking up with us at Dies R Us Challenge "For the One I Love",Vicki. Gorgeous!
Kathy
DRU DT

Scrapper69 said...

Ooh how PRETTY! Beautiful card!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Georgiana said...

Such a beautiful Valentine.

Judy Woodland said...

How beautiful! I love the pink and gray together, and that bow is so pretty. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Oh wow this is beautiful, absolutely love this – your design is gorgeous Vicki. The colors are so soft and lovely... and the bow so perfect.

Mary M said...

Lovely card. Thanks for submitting it to ScrapyLand's Challenge #83.

Mary M said...

Lovely card. Thanks for submitting it to ScrapyLand's Challenge #83.

Zoe Hillman said...

Very pretty. Thanks for joining us for the "All you need is LOVE" challenge over at Frilly and Funkie.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Exquisite!!!Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails