Translate

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Our Little "Rocket Man"!

I am so excited to have actually completed a layout last evening!  Wow, it's been too long in the making. 
This past weekend, I scrapped with my sister and good friends at a weekend crop in our area.  One of the vendors was selling the perfect papers to go with a photo I took of our grandson when we visited the Kennedy Space Center this past March during Spring Break.  What an amazing place to see!  Our little guy enjoyed being able to sit in a space capsule along with his sister. 

I snapped this photo of him as he was coming down the steps from the capsule...
 
"Rocket Man"

The layout is 12" x 12" with lots of layers, details and dimension.   The circles represent the shape of the planets with the white being a quarter moon.  I did have a few 3-D space elements to add.  And, finally had the opportunity to use one of the awesome "2018" laser cut chipboard pieces that I purchased a while back from Creative Embellishments.  I coated it with gesso and then inked it up.  Although it's not a seasonal layout, the colors worked with the November Challenge at Creative Embellishments, so I linked it up!   

From my stash...
Creative Embellishments "2018" Laser Cut Chipboard
CTMH Stargazer Paper Collection and Ink
Paper House, Jot 3-D Stickers
Other: Misc. Sticker Letters

Challenges entered:
Creative Embellishments - Color Challenge/11-30

Thanks for stopping by to check out my "Rocket Man" layout featuring our adorable grandson.

Vicki

7 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

WOW! Your layout turned out so COOL Vicki! Everything matches so well with your adorable grandsons' outfit! Totally LOVE that and I love the embellishments as well... Wonderful job! Have a great weekend!

Theresa

Sandi Clarkson said...

Aww, those colors are perfect for the challenge this month at Creative Embellishments! Adore your photo! Thanks for playing along with us!

Marci said...

What a cute little rocketman! nice page-I love the year chipboard-I have used it too! thanks for joining us for the NOVEMBER CHALLENGE @ Creative Embellishments!

Jennifer Snyder said...

What a page filled with great memories. The chipboard really pops on this. Your "rocket man" is beyond darling.Thanks for joining the NOVEMBER challenge @ CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS!

Shona said...

cutie pie...fabulous layout! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Embellishments :)

Heather said...

that is so sweet, such memories and a great page! Thank you for joining us at Creative Embellishments.

Unknown said...

Darling layout! Love your adorable photo, circle elements, and fun space themed embellishments! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Embellishments November Challenge! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails