Translate

Friday, February 15, 2019

Celebrate!

Hi blogger friends!

Today, I'm sharing a Valentine Celebration card.  Valentine's Day, the day of love, is a favorite day for couples to get engaged.  So, I thought it would be nice to have a card on hand just for this special occasion should I happen to know someone that is need of one.  The song, "Tonight, I Celebrate My Love" was the inspiration for my card.  It was a favorite of mine from the early 80's.
 
Here it is...
 
"Celebrate"
 
This 5" x 5" card was created with all scraps of paper from my stash.  I love the turquoise wood grain paper layered over the melon color.  The lacy heart makes a great background for the stamped wood piece.  I cut two hearts and adhered them to the wood slice and overlapped them a little to resemble hearts carved on a tree.  The sentiment is die cut from gold metallic cardstock.  The only embellishment needed were a few mulberry roses.
 
From my stash
American Craft and Bazzill Cardstock
Echo Park Patterned Paper
Wild Orchid Mulberry Roses
 
Thanks for stopping by!
I hope to see you here again soon.
 
Vicki
 

9 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a pretty card, Vicki! I love the colors you used. The wood grain paired with the delicate heart die cut and roses is perfect! (BTW - I just ordered a tree ring stamp thanks to you! smile!)

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I remember that beautiful song. Your card is beautiful, too, and what good thinking to have one on hand near Valentine's Day!

Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Inspired by a Love Song challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Die Cuttin' Divas!!!

froebelsternchen said...

A gorgeous creation ! WOW!!!!
Happy weekend!

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a lovely card with wonderful colors! Beautiful die, too! Thanks for sharing at Cut It Up with your Love Song and card! ~Katrina

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This is adorable, love so much the colours you choose and the whole design!

Esther said...

Very pretty!
Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

mum of two said...

So pretty!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Such a pretty creation, I love the heart die cut

Thank you for sharing with us at 'If You Give A Crafter A Cookie' this fortnight. Hope you will join us again for our next challenge
Hugs Shell xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails