Translate

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Welcome to the Sisterhood and a "NEW" challenge!

Today I'm sharing some exciting news....

I've been invited to be a team member of the "Sisterhood", The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge Blog.   Thank you Sisterhood!  Today, I'll be sharing my first project as a sister. 
Here's a little info about the challenges...

A new challenge is posted the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month.  Winners chosen by the sisters include our "Top Sister", "Top Three Sisters" and an occasional prize by random draw.  It's all about fun & fellowship with all types of creations accepted as entries.  Please NO copyright infringements when creating for this challenge. Visit The Sisterhood of Crafters Blog for guidelines and a list of future challenge themes located in the blog sidebar.

Our new challenge theme today is, "Newly Acquired Stash"!  Show us something new that fell in your shopping cart or arrived by Polar Express and tell us about it in your blog post. Link it up to the Sisterhood Challenge and we'll be stopping by to check it out.

I'm sharing this card made with a new die cut, Cozy Cup Coaster, from The Greetery.
 
"hugs"
 
I layered the coaster die in the background in both red velvet and textured white cardstock..  The die cut reminds me of a cozy blanket and with winter really surfacing this week here in our area, it worked well to create this wintery card.  I embellished with pine cones and branches topped with a red bow.  The "hugs" is cut and layered with dark and light kraft paper.  A red resin heart for a finishing touch!

From my stash...
American Crafts Velvet Paper
Bazzill Cardstock
 Diemond Dies Pine Branch
DieVersions Hugs Sentiment
LeCrea 3-D Pine Cone Dies
May Arts Ribbon
Photoplay Patterned Paper
Ranger Stickles
The Greetery Cozy Cup Coaster

Challenges entered:
Visit my other Sisters for more inspiration...
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope to see you here again soon.
Vicki

25 comments:

Diane said...

Welcome to the team Vicki, so excited to have you and your lovely talent! What a fabulous card this is, and a coaster die, wow, I love it and have it on my want/need list lol! Beautifully designed as always and perfect for not only the theme, but this time of year!!

Katy McGloin said...

Vicki, I adore this card!! Must check out that coaster die; I don't have anything like it! The plaid paper is perfect and so is the bow! Well done, Sistah! I am so pleased to welcome you to the design team and am looking forward to your inspiration!!

Fiona said...

Such a lovely card - I really like that die cut - I might just have to go and check that one out - thanks for sharing with us at #JOSTTT this month

Debbie Mageed said...

Welcome, Sistah Vicki! So happy you joined our family of crafters!! Your card is so creative. It's so interesting to me that when I see red and green together, I automatically think it's a holiday card. You have shown us that you can use your "holiday" supplies all year long! Brilliant! Your card is beautifully done!! Looking forward to more of your creations in the future.

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

I love all of the amazing texture. The plaid is fantastic.

aussie aNNie said...

Hi dear sistah and thanks for joining me in the design team, I am honoured to be there and with some I know and others I will get to know.
Fabulous card and love that die you used... big hugs.xx

Darlene said...

OMG this is GORGEOUS! Ugh you are such an enabler! LOL That coaster die is now on my Wishlist! Love how you've used it on your creation ... you are so clever!! We (I) are SO HAPPY you have become a 'sistah' and look forward to lots of fun & inspiration! Have a fabulous week ahead my friend! again ... WELCOME!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Love the coaster die. Welcome to the team!

Rachelle Oltean said...

Congrats on your new "Sisterhood"! This wonderful card is a fantastic way to start your Design Team tenure!
Hugs - Rachelle

Maikreations said...

This is such a fabulous Christmas card! I love the colours. the twigs and the bow especially ;o))) Thank you so much for taking part in our current challenge at PINspirational Challenges! Hope to see you again next time! Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting, Maike ;o)

Cheryl Even said...

Love the plaid paper and the “blankets”, and the font for the hugs is so cute! Thanks for playing along with Joy of Sets, and I can’t wait to check out your new sisterhood challenges.

Laurel said...

Such a gorgeous card! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

Angie McKenzie said...

Such a warm, cozy card! Love it! Thanks for participating in the #JOSTTT013 challenge.

valscraftings said...

Beautiful card, love the red bow with the fern greenery! Thank you for joining in at Scrapping4funChallenges DT Val x

missgailly said...

Love everything about this card. It is so bright and bold! Thank you for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Krafty Kaylin said...

i love how different this card is from the rest that we say for the Tic Tac Toe challenge. I love the background. Im a sucker for a good plaid. thanks for joining us at JOSTTT.

libbystamps said...

What a wonderful take on my Tic Tac Toe challenge board this month! Thank you so much for including us in your list of challenges!

Anna said...

Love this cute card... it's very beautiful!!!
Thanks for joining us at PINspirational challenge!
Anna

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful Winter card!
Please remember to follow us
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully done with the pretty papers and wonderful design!
Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
Ellibelle's Corner

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Die Cut Divas Challenge this time and good luck :)

Majda said...

What a sweet winter card!
Thank you for joining the Scrapping4fun.
Majda DT

Julie Odil said...

So very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland Challenges. Julie, DT member

Alina Florea said...

Very elegant card! Thank you for linking it up to our Scrapy Land Challenge. Alina, DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Your card is beautiful!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! Sorry so late for commenting, but life has been a bit tough lately. I want to take a moment today to tell you that you are an awesome artist! Happy International Women’s Day!.
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails