Translate

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Sweet Daffodils...

 Welcome blogger friends....It's Cinco De Mayo!

It's also time for a new challenge at the Double D.   The weather is warming nicely and the spring flowers have been blooming here for some time.  We are celebrating the season over at the Double D and want to see your projects with flowers.  Our topic is "Flowers of the Month", January through June.  Choose your flower from the mood board photo/list and share your creation with us by Sunday, May 16th for the chance to be one of our creative winners or the random winner of the prize below.

Memory Box Ragged Daisy

Your inspiration... 
 
January - Carnations or Snowdrops
February - Violets or Primrose
March - Daffodils, Jonquils, Narcissus
April - Daisy, Sweet Pea, Gerber Daisy
May - Lily of the Valley or Hawthorne
June - Rose or Honeysuckle
 

This was an easy choice for me since my birthday is in March and I love Daffodils!!
 
Hugs
 
Daffodils have the loveliest scent and truly speak of spring.  This simple, stamped image was created using clear EP, paints and a water brush for this watercolor effect.  I used die cuts to make the frame and added dimension with foam tape.  The sentiment is also a die cut matted with a darker color for a silhouette effect.

From my stash...
Bo Bunny Patterned Paper
CTMH Daffodil Stamp
CTMH Watercolor Paints and Paper
Gina K Clear EP
Tutti Designs Dotted Nesting Rectangles
Tutti Designs Hugs Sentiment Set

Stop by the Double D Challenge Blog and play along!

Visit my other Double D Team members for more inspiration...

Team Diane
Judy 

Team Darlene

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope to see you here again soon!

Vicki

11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card and fabulous colours, great designing as always. ♥

Diane said...

So soft~pretty AND beautifully designed! Daffodils are one of my favorite spring flowers right along with tulips and lilacs, my entire outside smells of lilacs right now, I love Spring!!

Birgit said...

What a pretty spring card! The coloring on this is dreamy and perfect, Vicki. It makes me think of a Monet painting. Just beautiful!

Barbara said...

I love the water color artsy look of this beautiful card. Great job and I love the daffodils too.

Donna Phelan said...

How Beautiful! You could frame this as a little gift to yourself! Love your water coloring and that delightful daffodil image--truly screams SPRING--I am here!!!

Darlene said...

Such a pretty card of daffodils! Yes, it always warms my heart when my daffodils begin to bloom in the spring, letting me know better days are ahead! Well done my friend ... hope the sun shines for you today!! HUGS

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A lovely and fresh feel for this sweet card, it speaks just about Spring!!

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE how you have colored that beautiful garden of daffodils. You are right, they scream spring, and their scent just make me happy. I love your design here, it's perfect for the challenge!

Gail said...

Stunning art work!

Diane said...

Wow so pretty love the flowers and framing.

Hugs diane

Kathy Krug said...

Such a pretty scene of happy daffodils. Love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails