Translate

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

You Have To Look Up

 Hey crafty friends....

April flew by and May is here.  Speaking of flying, the new challenge topic at the Double D is "Birds, Nests, Bird Houses/Cages".  In other words, anything bird related.  There's a lovely mood board to inspire your creation.

Link up your project to the Double D Challenge Blog Bird post by Sunday, May 15th.   We'll be choosing a Top Creative Winner and 3 Creative Winners.  A winner will be chosen by random draw for the prize pictured below.

Cottage Cutz Bird Trio Die

I created this gate fold card inspired by the shades of blue along with the birds and nests.

 "SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK UP"

I used an older Graphic 45 collection in my stash that I've never used before.  Not sure why because it's a beautiful collection.  Possibly why I bought it in the first place.  I'm still on the "bust your stash" challenge and have found I really don't need to purchase anything for quite a while.  I adhered a 4"x4" panel covered with patterned paper to the left side of the gate.  The fussy cut flowers are tucked in behind the panel and the sentiment card which I gave added dimension. 


Another angle with the card partially opened to show the inside details.  


And lastly, a photo of the card completely closed.

From my stash...
CTMH Vanilla Cardstock
Graphic 45 Bird Watcher Collection
Ranger/Tim Holtz Stormy Sky Distress Ink
 
Challenges entered:
 
 
 


Stop by the Double D Challenge Blog and play along with this month's challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Hope to see you here again soon.




20 comments:

Diane said...

A gorgeous card Vicki and perfect papers for our challenge, like they were made just for this challenge and you have created so beautifully with them! Have a great day!!

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... this is just GORGEOUS my friend! I have so many of these papers and haven't used them in quite a while ... thanks for inspiration! LOVE what you've shared today! Well done!! Have a great day ahead!

Barbara said...

I saw this on Facebook this morning and loved it. You did an outstanding job with the supplies that you already had. Amazing, but I know how that can be. I have been working on the stuff that I have here, and I sure get a good feeling when I can make a great card like this. Love that gate fold.

Devon said...

This is just beautiful, another piece of art. The Grapic 45 paper is beautiful. I love all the cards you make.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning paper and love the delightful result xx

Birgit said...

Vicki, this is stunning! You can never go wrong with G45, and your layout is fabulous.

Diane said...

It's me again, just wanted to thank you for entering your GORGEOUS card in our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS DT

Kathie said...

Beautiful card Vicki, I can't stop looking at it. That design paper is wonderful, so much to see and feel and such great colours as well. I love everything about this card totally gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Judy Woodland said...

There you go again using that gorgeous paper. LOVE your design here and that stripe is just the perfect backdrop. Stunning as usual, you never disappoint!!!

Glenda said...

Beautiful card and wonderful papers. I do love the pretty bird! Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons!

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW~ This is so gorgeous! I love this beautiful paper and the layout is amazing! Just perfect for our challenge at The Paper Players this week! Thank you for joining us!

LeAnne said...

Wowza...this is right up my bird-loving, vintage-loving, blue-loving alley! Just gorgeous! I am glad you busted this out, it's just stunning! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a happy and delightful card Vicki. Love the colours and the vintage feel of the image and papers.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What fabulous papers Vicki - love the vintage feel and so fresh with the blue stripes. Your fun fold is such a great way to showcase them too. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Darlene said...

Me again and I too just had to come back and thank you for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Such a GORGEOUS creation! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS


Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing card, love the design and the G45 paper is awesome! Fabulous and colourful vintage feel!

Doris Klein said...

OMG.. what a brilliant idea! Love the style and blue is my favourite!

Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh wow! I love everything about this fabulous creation Vicki! Just gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday2! Good Luck!

anne said...

Beautiful card, so much interesting elements to look at. Thank you for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
Anne SSW2-DT

OlgaB said...

Gorgeous theme and colours on your lovely project!
Thank you for joining SSW2
Hope to see you again.
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails