Translate

Saturday, October 1, 2022

World Cardmaking Day!

Happy World Card Making Day!

Today is "World Card Making Day".  It's always celebrated on the first Saturday in October and this year, it happened to be October 1st.  The day started in 2006 as incentive for us card makers to be creative and get a head start on the holiday season.

I have to admit that this year I am further along than I've ever been with my Christmas cards.  Typically I make 30-40 cards to send to family and friends.  And, they are ALL in the works with more than half of them completed.  I haven't been this far ahead in years.  

I'm sharing a design that I've completed this week.  I try to keep them simple and flat so postage doesn't get out of hand if you know what I mean.  Green, gold and silver seem to be my go to color for this years cards.  This is the third card design in those colors.

Happy Holidays

This is a clean and simple design using a layer of patterned paper matted with the same color cardstock that the sentiment is cut from and a die cut holiday panel.
 
From my stash...
Altenew Happy Holidays Greeting
Photoplay/My Color Cardstock
P13 Christmas Charm Collection
Tutti Designs Holiday Collage
 
Challenges entered:



 

Happy World Card Making Day and thanks for stopping by.
Hope you're inspired to make your own card(s).
 

8 comments:

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous Christmas card Vicki I have only made a few! must get on with them my Daughter needs some for there Christmas fayre to sell lol hugs Sue x

Melanie Hungerford said...

How pretty, love that background with the sentiment focal point. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble!

Diane said...

A gorgeous card and a creative way to use the collage die! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT

{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}

Vicky Hayes said...

Just lovely Vicki and a great colour palette for the festive season! In contrast to you, I've never been so behind with my Christmas cards :[ Vicky x

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow, fantastic die cut and looks great against the soft patterned paper background. CAS and beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Alyson Mayo said...

Very cute - I love your colour scheme. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Fabiola said...

très élégante création Vicki, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Challenge, biz

Mummylade said...

Lovely details! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails