Translate

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Something old, something new, something blue...

 Welcome back crafty friends!

There's a fun new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog and the theme is "Pick Three" from this listing...something old, something new, something borrowed and/or something blue. 

There's also an inspiration board...

Here's what I came up with using something old, new and blue!
 
She STOOD in the storm...
 
I love how this monochromatic card turned out.  Not at all how I planned, but I am good with the finished design.  Just about everything on this card is old and blue.  The papers, flowers, die cuts and ribbon have been in my stash for years.  The stamp is also older and from a company no longer in business.  The new would be the black ink.  It was a recent purchase  and I'm very happy with it.
 
   from my stash...
Bazzill Stonewash Cardstock 
Catherine Pooler Black Jack Ink
FabScraps Shabbylicious Collection-Shabby Blues
Petaloo Flora Doodle Blue Velvet Hydrangeas 
Spellbinders Crown Oval Nestabilities
Spellbinders Small Oval Nestabilities
Verve Sentiment Stamp
Other: Ribbon, vellum
 
Sharing with these challenges:
 

Thank you for stopping by today.
Hope you will stop back again soon.
 

8 comments:

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Vicki! Beautiful paper, wonderful sentiment.... a winner all around!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm reading your list and loving all the oldies. It makes my heart feel good to see them come out to play. Beautiful paper, such a pretty shade of blue.

Barbara said...

As I mentioned on Facebook, that sentiment is magnificent and you framed it very well on your card for this challenge. The blue rose background paper is excellent and I love how you added a few more to frame the oval.

Judy Woodland said...

I'm such a fan of the monochrome look, and you have NAILED it here. That background patterned paper is so stinkin' pretty, I LOVE it. But the greeting is the star of the show, it's so beautiful. Well, the whole card is!!

Donna Phelan said...

I love how this turned out too! It's gorgeous! That background looks fabulous as are your pretty flowers...but that sentiment--an all-time favorite! LOVE!!!

Diane said...

This is one gorgeous card, such beautiful papers, a fabulous sentiment and a wonderfully designed card!! Oh and thanks for playing in our Word Power challenge too!!

foleysfriend said...

Beautiful monochromatic card. The sentiment is wonderful and I like how you embellished around it to make it the focus. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More! Apologies for the late comment.

sue n.

Carol L said...

This turned out so pretty with all of those wonderful blue colors and I love how the sentiment steals the show too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails