Translate

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cuttlebug Diamond Plate

I've had this Cuttlebug Diamond Plate embossing folder for a while, but haven't used it much. Our SIL's upcoming birthday was a good excuse to pull it out and dust it off! He does custom painting and loves racing! The embossed background is done with silver metallic cardstock to look like sheet metal. I added some digi art prints of a tachometer and speedometer along with a stamped tire tread and inked flames.
I made my own stencil out of a piece of cardstock and a digi print of flames. I cut the negative area away with my Fiskar's Fingertip Craft Knife...love that thing! The inks are Ranger Distress... Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, and Mustard Seed that I blended together with a sponge.

I purchased an EK Success tire tread sticker a while back and made it into a stamp. Never thought I would use it again, but I'm glad that I kept it!


I had these brads that look like screws in my stash. They were perfect for the metal effect.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails