Translate

Monday, May 10, 2010

Spring Fling Crop!

The May, month long, "Spring Fling" crop at My Sketch World is in full swing. All of the challenges have been posted and there is a great selection! I had the opportunity to work on a few of them this past weekend.

Patti's challenge is to be "Inspired by Spring"! I chose this new Vera handbag, "In a Tree" as my inspiration. The design, colors, and birds were a real incentive for me! I actually found some patterned paper that was very similar.
Here is a close up of the pattern along the bottom of the handbag. Isn't it spring-like?
Here is the card that I made using my handbag inspiration! Similar patterns with a pink accent color instead of the turquoise. I made my flower with some lace trim and organza ribbon. The metal accent is from Making Memories. The "ghost" bird is a little difficult to see in the photo, but it is just above the metal accent on the pink/white scalloped oval.
Another challenge posted by Ann is "Just Stamp It!" Nothing but cardstock and stamps. This is one of my favorite Stampin' Up stamps. I used the SU Soft Suede ink and a metal brad in the center.

"Show Us Your Stripes" is Cheryl's challenge for the crop. I love this SEI striped paper with the white pearl swirls throughout. I tried to mimmick the swirls across the top using some Basic Grey rubons in my stash.

4 comments:

patti west said...

All of your challenge cards are fab, Vicki!!! I must say though that I especially like Patti's challenge card. ;) ;) LOL! That Vera bag was great inspiration!

Unknown said...

I love your cards, Vicki! Thanks for taking my challenge and becoming a follower on my blog! I'm now following your wonderful blog!

LORi said...

Ohhhh MY Gorgeous!!!

HUGS- LORi

Beeceecreativity said...

amazing cards.. so pretty .. love the stamped only..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails