Translate

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wall Sugar "Perfect Posies"!

"Perfect Posies" are pure "Wall Sugar"

 My first project as a member of the Wall Sugar Design Team was to alter this set of 3 wooden flowers from Wall Sugar Products.  Better known as "Perfect Posies", the set consists of a small (app. 3" diameter), medium (app. 4" diameter) and large (app. 5" diameter) flower with wooden dowel stems.

I was undecided which direction I wanted to go with them, but knew that each would be different.  So, below, I have added a few of the steps that ended with this lovely bouquet of posies!


 I started with a primer coat of gesso to seal the wood and make it less porous. Then, I added some off white acrylic on the wooden dowels and the flower edges.


Next, I covered both sides of each flower with patterned paper from K & Co.  and selected different die cuts to embellish them.



Spellbinder Blossom Two and Creative Memories Heart Punch

On the largest flower, I used a folding technique that I learned from Lucy Chesna, a fellow staffer at Scrapbook News and Review.  The technique is available at Scrapbook News and Review with a subscription to the magazine.  The layers are held together with a K&Co brad from my stash.  I used Ranger Distress Stickle Dry Glitter-Rock Candy on all of the edges. 

Love how this turned out!!

The second flower I worked on was the smallest. The Blossom Builder die cut was perfect as a flower center.  To make the center pop, I used the Whimsy Circle die cut from Memory Box as a layer underneath. Again, I added the Ranger Distress Dry Glitter Rock Candy.
This die was perfect for the center!

And last, but not least, the medium sized flower.  I cut one of the Blossom Two layers and used it behind the flower center that I created using 7 folded hearts.  Another K&Co brad from my stash and the Ranger Rock Candy Dry Distress Glitter.  I am typically not a glitter person, but I can't get enough of this anti static Rock Candy Glitter!  I was introduced to it by Tim Holtz himself in his Holiday Happenings class at CHA and haven't stopped using it yet!

Here is a close up of all three flowers grouped together.  I am in love with the end results!

You too, can have fun creating yor own designs with these "Perfect Posies"!  They are available to purchase at Wall Sugar Products.  And, if you enroll in the Wall Sugar Perfect Posies Class at The Art Studio with Scrapbook News and Review, you can purchase them at a 25% discount!  Visit The Art Studio and sign up for this fabulous, self-paced class for only $9.99.  You will have the benefit of accessing the class whenever it is convenient for you, along with e-mail access to the instructor and online group.  

To purchase this class, click on the picture below...

To purchase the "Perfect Posies" used in the class, visit Wall Sugar Products, HERE.  After entering your PayPal info, enter discount code, posies25.  Discount is available for online purchase only, not available at retail locations.


2 comments:

antenucci said...

Love all the layers on your flowers - gorgeous!

Lucy Chesna said...

I love it Vicki

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails