Translate

Friday, October 25, 2013

Couture Creations Sugaplum Ball

This week, I was not in the Christmas card-making mood.  With all of the beautiful colors and falling leaves surrounding me, it felt much more like a day to be thankful.  November is just around the corner and that means turkey and pumpkin pie!  Yum!

Today I am sharing a Thanksgiving card that I created with a Couture Creations Christmas themed embossing folder.  Shows just how versatile these folders are.

"Happy Thanksgiving"

I embossed a piece of copper foil specialty paper with Couture Creations Sugarplum Ball Embossing Folder.  The flourish like swirls made me think of leaves swirling in the wind. The embossed foil is matted with white cardstock and patterned paper.  The leaves are die cut from patterned paper and inked with lots of different colors of distress ink.  I added pop dots to the back of the oak leaves for dimension.  The smaller leaf was made using two die-cut leaves that are inked and stacked on top of each other for extra dimension. 


The foil paper embosses so beautifully and the details really stand out. I used a piece of burlap ribbon under the leaves for added texture.


The Happy Thanksgiving sentiment is matted with a Spellbinder die-cut.  And the bow, tied with my handy dandy Craft-Dee BowZ tool is made from Peach and Natural burlap string from May Arts. The sparkling gem accent is part of a new fall collection from Dress It Up Buttons.  The photo does not do it justice.  It reminds me of the marbles that we used to fry as a kid so they would have a cracked appearance.  A little ink on the sentiment mat and the card is finished.

Thanks for stopping by!
 I hope I have inspired you to try embossing folders.
Vicki

CropStop Featured Product
 Couture Creations Wrapped in Joy Collection - Sugarplum Ball Embossing Folder
May Arts Natural Burlap String
May Arts Peach Burlap String 
Ranger Distress Inks

From my stash...
 Close To My Heart Burlap Ribbon
Craft-Dee BowZ Bow Making Tool
Dress It Up Fall Collection - Fall's Promise Accents
Recollections Foil Paper
Spellbinders Ironworks Die-cut

Shop at CropStop...the stopping place for paper crafters.
Use my blog discount code, CTC-VR, for 10% off your total purchase with no minimum required!
Easy, cause' the code never changes.

6 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Stunning card! I love the shine from the foil and all the pretty leaves. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous love the copper foil embossed and like how you cut the leaves from paper with script on it . The burlap ribbon finishes the card

wendipooh13 said...

sooo pretty!!!! LOVE the leaves and that embossing rocks!!!

Lee-Anne said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!!! Love the embossed background.

The Dolphin Inn said...

That little pop of blue in the autumnal colours is just stunning, beautiful, thankyou for your comments too xxx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

this is awesome...love the foil effect I will have to try this TFS
bibiana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails