Translate

Friday, November 8, 2013

Hollywood Style...Vintage Lace

My lovely niece and Goddaughter recently got married.  As part of my gift to her, I offered to make an apron for the "bridal dance" or money dance. If you are not familiar with this custom, it's a dance toward the end of a wedding reception where you pay to dance with the bride and sometimes the groom also.   The bridal attendants collect the money and place it in the apron pocket.  My niece's wedding theme was Vintage Hollywood, so I wanted to create something classy and lacey. 
 
 
The lace I purchased had a beautiful, finished edge that was scalloped.  I didn't want to ruin this so I had to come up with a plan that kept the hem intact. 
 
 
The underskirt and ties were easy, but adding the top layer of lace proved to be a little more "stressful".  I had to add the pocket under the lace as part of the apron base.  A more secure way to hold the money too! If you look closely, you can see the pocket on the underskirt between the bows.
 
 
I made white satin bows and added a vintage jeweled button in the center of them.  Creating the multi-loop bow was so easy with my Craft-Dee BowZ bow making tool.  What a charm!  I love this tool. 
 
 
I love how the apron turned out and it was very fitting for the romantic Vintage Hollywood reception!
 
In September, I posted the Vintage Bird Cage card holder that I made also.  You can see it HERE.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
  
 

5 comments:

Krisha said...

This is just gorgeous Vicki! What a wonderful keepsake.
I am famillar with this "Money dance" custom. I have seen it get hilariously funny, but only to gain a lot of $$ for the bride and groom.

cebelica said...

Oh wow,this is gorgeous! I'm sure the bride loved it!
I wasn't familiar with this custom, but it's a good way for the bride and groom to get some money for the honeymoon. :)
Hugs! xx

Cathi ONeill said...

Gorgeous Vicki! Never seen that custom before!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

hello Vicki: I love the apron so romantic and the lace is fabulous. Under what rite they got married? I have not heard of this custom. I like to learn the facts behind the customs, TFS this! there is always something new to learn...the bride must be so happy with your thoughtful creation and a wonderful keepsake for that day!
hugs bibiana

Donna Maligno said...

Heck, you sew too? This is lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails