Translate

Friday, January 10, 2014

Craft-Dee BowZ Guest Designer!

I am January's Guest Designer for Craft-Dee BowZ and delighted to be back again as part of the Craft-Dee BowZ Team for 2014.

This month's theme at Craft-Dee BowZ is winter using the colors blue, white, and brown and multi-loop bows. I received such a generous supply of ribbon, that I wanted to create more than one project for my guest post!

The colors are perfect for winter time home decor and cards.  I love to decorate the house year round for the different seasons and holidays. With Christmas decorations down and stored, I have put my winter decor in place, starting with the mantle in our family room.


I altered this miniature wooden sled by adding patterned paper, stenciled snowflakes and lots of other embellishments. 


The bow was made using 2 Craft-Dee BowZ Tools that have been attached together with velcro on the short side. Yes, you read that right, 2 Craft-Dee BowZ Tools!  You can increase the size of the bows you make by putting 2 of them together.  Hmmm....I wonder what I could do with 3?


Another item that joins the sled, is this altered picture frame with Mr. Owl.  I pulled out lots of mixed media products to complete this project.


The tan/gold ribbon with a touch of blue worked well with the woodsy owl theme.


Tomorrow, my grandfather will turn 100 years old and join the rank of Centenarian!  He has seen a lot of changes in this world.  I created this card for him to help celebrate his special day. 


I don't typically add bows to masculine cards, but this called for special attention and the white, multi-loop bow was a great finishing touch to his card.

Featured Product
Craft-Dee BowZ Bow Maker Tool
American Craft Thicker Alphas
Basic Grey Chipboard Numbers
Bazzill Cardstock
Bo Bunny Weekend Market Collection
Close To My Heart Ink-Daisy White
Doodlebug Gem Stones
Dylusions Spray Ink-Calypso Teal
EK Success/Jolee's Button
Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Collection
K&Co Peaccok Feathers
Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch
Prima Flower, Wood Chip Music Note
Recollections Cardstock, Chipboard Snowflakes
Robin's Nest Dew Drops-Clear, Forget-Me-Not
 SEI Chalet Paper Collection
Splash of Color/Viva Decor Inka Gold-Cobalt Blue, Silver
Spellbinder Ironworks Die-cut
Stampin' Up Sentiment
Tim Holtz/Ideaology Journaling Ticket
Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Crackle Accent-Clear Rock Candy
 Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Glitter-Broken China, Clear Rock Candy
 Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Ink-Black Soot
 Tim Holtz/Sizzix Bigz Die-Picture Wheel 
Tresors De Luxe Floral Stem

Other: Acrylic paint, burlap, crystal branch, frame, gems, owl, ribbon, sled, snowflakes,

By the time you read this post, I will be on my way to CHA in Anaheim, CA!  It's always an exciting time to see the new, upcoming craft releases. I will be posting photos in my blog during the CHA event.  Please stop by and take a peek if you get the chance.

I hope you enjoyed my winter inspiration using my Craft-Dee BowZ Tool!

Join in on the Craft-Dee BowZ  January Challenge.  You can link your project HERE.

Thanks for stopping by to see my winter inspiration!

1 comment:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love both your projects so much detail and texture on the sled. Happy Birthday to your Dad that is amazing hope he enjoys many more years .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails