Translate

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring "dream"

We've been celebrating Mardi Gras and Carnival Dreams this month at Rogue Redhead Designs. Mardi Gras is over and Spring is just around the corner.  Phew!  I am so glad of that.  Winter has been a real doozy here in the U.S. Northeast.  Enough about that...let's all think Spring!

My inspiration this week is more than just Mardi Gras...

"dream"

Keeping with the month's vibrant colors of gold, green and purple at Rogue Redhead Designs, I went in a different direction with them. The purple is more of a lilac and I used "Spring" green with a touch of gold.  The sentiment "dream" is from the featured Rogue Redhead Design Carnival Dreams Mini Collection.  I love one word sentiments on my cards and dream is one of them.  It always makes me feel pensive and youthful.  I also stamped the heart in red for a pop of color just behind the sentiment tag.

Rogue Redhead Designs Featured Product
Carnival Dreams

From my stash...
American Crafts POW Glitter Paper-Gold
Core'dinations Cardstock,-Bright White
Kaisercraft Violet Crush Collection, Pearls-Lush
May Arts Burlap String- Parrot Green, Purple, Violet
Memory Box  Delicate Fern, Tropical Leaf Die-cuts
Recollections Specialty Paper
SEI Velvet Specialty Paper
Spellbinders Oval, Scalloped Oval, Foliage Die-cuts
Tsukineko/Memento Ink-Gray Flannel, Lady Bug
Other: Flowers

Thanks for stopping by to share my inspiration!

Visit the Rogue Redhead Designs store for current specials on the Carnival Dreams Mini Collection and other newly released stamp plates.

6 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Oh Vicki this is so pretty love the background paper with all the butterflies . The gold leaf really stands out in the flower arrangement . Love everything about this card .
Hugs

wendipooh13 said...

sooo pretty!!! great layers and love that background butterfly paper!!!!

LisaM said...

OMGosh Vicki, your card is just gorgeous!

cebelica said...

Oh, I like Mardi Gras. :) I usually don't dress up, but I like seeing people who do - some costumes are great! I also like our Mardi Gras deserts. ;)
Hpweve, I'm happy that the spring has come. It's my favourite season.
Your card is very nice - perfect for spring with all the flowers and butterflies. :)
Hugs! xx

Anonymous said...

Totally gorgeous! Love the beautiful colors and fab butterflies!

2amscrapper said...

gorgeous butterflies and wonderful direction you took with the color prompt

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails