Translate

Monday, July 28, 2014

Creative Blog Hop!

I am happy to say that my friend, Lisa Gregory, has nominated me to participate in a Creative Blog Hop.  Lisa's flower making has long intrigued and inspired me.  She has quite the knack for creating spectacular flowers with cardstock and just about anything she can think of.  Check out her blog to find her flower making tutorials.

This Creative Blog Hop is to inspire those that take part by meeting new people and experiencing their different styles and techniques along the way.

First, I would like to share with you some of my favorite projects.

 "Together" - Scrapbook Layout

"Reason" - Mixed Media, Journal Page

"Daughter" - Card

"Roses in December" - Tag

Now, on with the hop.   So, here goes...

Each nominee will answer four questions and then nominate other crafty friends to play along and keep the blog hop going.

1.  What am I working on? 
 I would love to say that my craft room is a mess and I have several projects going at one time.  Alas, that is not the case at the moment.  I just finished an August Challenge project for Craft-Dee BowZ and tidied my room.  Our home is on the market and keeping my craft room in order has proven to be a major project in itself!

2. How does my work differ from others in my genre?
I have a somewhat eclectic style that is heavily influenced by vintage and shabby chic.  Typically, I am not a follower when creating a project.  My ideas come from inspiration around me and rarely from a sketch or lift.

3.  Why do I create/write what I do?
Creating is a huge release from stress for me.  I find it relaxing, (unless I'm late trying to meet a deadline) delightful and gratifying to be able to gift something that I made myself or to share it with family and friends.

4.  How does my creative process work?
S-L-O-W-L-Y.....sometimes I feel like it takes me forever to complete a project.   It is not unusual for me to spend days and even weeks working on something to get it just right.  I like to visualize in my mind (usually when I am laying in bed trying to sleep) what I am going to create.  Most of my projects start this way, but since I don't jump out of bed at 4 A.M. to make notes, I draw ideas from my surroundings while awake!

I am nominating a fellow blogger that has truly been an inspiration to me in one way or another. 

Dana Tatar
Dana's creative ideas leave me speechless and never cease to amaze me.  We met while on staff with an online magazine a few years back.  Since then, we have done some guest designing together.  Dana has great innovative ideas that will surely inspire you too!  Stop by her blog on August 4th and visit her Creative Blog Post.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!


4 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

LOVE LOVE seeing your work and what you are creating!!! your style is always amazing!!! I can only imagine how hard it is to keep a craft room clean, I'm not too good at it.. LOL

Kris Berc said...

I can see why these are some of your favorite projects! They're all fantastic!

Dana Tatar said...

Thanks for linking up to me Vicki! You have inspired me more times that I can count. Amazing selection of projects! :)

antenucci said...

Love the projects you shared and what a neat idea for the hop!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails