Translate

Monday, October 1, 2018

Paper Girls Guest Designer - Mixed Media Challenge #161

Good morning to my blogger land pals!

Back in July, I entered my "Butterfly in Motion" card in the Paper Girls Challenge Blog "Transparencies" Challenge.  It was exciting to find out that I was the challenge winner!  Along with the win, I was invited to participate as a guest designer for a future challenge. 
 
Today, I'm sharing the card I created for the Paper Girls Mixed Media Challenge #161.  I love mixed media and was looking forward to having this challenge theme as my topic. 

"love"


There's quite a mish mash of items here.  I gathered my supplies with fall colors in mind, not knowing where I was going with everything!



I cut the card front to size and decided to add leaves down the sides using molding paste and a stencil.  I prefer the lightweight paste because it spreads easy and dries faster than heavier pastes.  You could also use embossing paste which dries to a more opaque color instead of the white. 


I rubbed Rose Gold Metallique Wax over and around the embossed design.  Next, I painted glass bead gel on the flowers and leaves.  If you've never tried glass beads, you really should! 


Here's a closer look at the flowers and leaves.  The gel goes on opaque and dries clear with the tiny beads visible.  The flower on the right has a few areas that are not quite dry and you can see the opaque color.  The gel has dried on the smaller flowers and the glass beads show well. 


I die cut a bird frame from rose gold foil and matted it with clear transparency.  After creating the flower arrangement, I adhered a really old chipboard word, "love" that I found in my stash last week when I was doing some purging.  I had intended to throw it into a swap stash, but it worked perfectly with the colors on this card. 




A few more close up photos of the glass bead gel after it has dried.  It gives such great texture to your projects.  Once, again, if you've never used glass bead gel, take the plunge and try it!  You'll love the results.  It works great on everything.  It's also available in black.  I'm sure mixing a few drops of ink into it would make some amazing colors too.

From my stash...
49 & Market Collection
Bazzill Cardstock & Foil Paper
Golden Glass Bead Gel
Flowers - 49 & Market, Prima, Wild Orchid Crafts
Memory Box Die Cuts
Prima Finnabair Metallique Rose Wax
 Karen Foster Chipboard Word
Other: Lace Ribbon, metal corner, transparency

Challenges entered:
4CC #422 - Happy Fall Y'all/10-2
Dies R Us #106 - Anything Goes/10-13
Sisterhood of Crafters - Fall Is In The Air/10-7

Thank you Paper Girls for having me as your Guest Designer for this "Mixed Media" Challenge.

I hope I have inspired you to play along at the Paper Girls Challenge Blog.  Stop by and link up your project today!

Vicki

11 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Congrats to you Vicki! That's awesome... And your design is STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE the colors and flowers... Gorgeous!

Theresa

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow wow!!! How many amazing details!!!There are a lot of to see here!!! LOVE this mixed media!!

LisaM said...

Congratulations Vicki! Love all the texture your cards have! This one is gorgeous!

Darlene said...

So, so gorgeous! From start to finish! EXCELLENT creation my friend! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes?’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Devon said...

Beautiful, its a piece of art! Love it

Diane said...

So beautifully created Vicki with all that gorgeous detail!! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

This is just so beautiful Vic! Every little detail! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Fall is in the Air’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Lori Turner said...

What a pretty card! I love all these gorgeous colors :) Fall is my favorite season..thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks for my Fall twist! Cheers!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful texture and dimensions, Vicki. The birds on a branch are perfect touches in this design and gorgeous flowers.

laurie said...

SO pretty! I love your cluster of flowers!Thanks for playing along at Dies R Us, so glad you joined us!

Brittany M. said...

This card is absolutely stunning! I love everything about it, but most especially all the fine details and beautiful flowers. Thank you so much for joining us Paper Girls as our guest designer for our Mixed Media challenge! You really blew the challenge out of the ball park with this one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails