Translate

Monday, April 20, 2020

Twist and Pop "Happy Birthday"!

Hey there blogger friends...

Today, I'm posting my first project as a member of the Dies R Us Inspiration Team.  I am truly excited to be back on the team and part of everything Dies R Us, once again.

I'm sharing a shabby chic, "twist and pop" card inspired by Alicia McNamara at Paper Craft Secrets.  I watched one of her videos and fell in love with this design.  It was fun to make and not nearly as intimidating as it looks.  I will be making more in the future, for sure.
 

 
"Happy Birthday"

Cut a 12" square piece of cardstock at 6".   Turn one piece and score at 6" on the 12" side.  This will be your 6" x 6" card base.  Cut the remaining piece of cardstock to a 4" width and score at 3", 6" and 9".  This will be the pop up section inside the card.


 Choose your papers and cover all sides front and back.




Die cut the embellishment flowers and sentiment words.  For added dimension, I die cut the sentiment twice in coordinating colors and adhered together.  Ink the edges, assemble and adhere to your project.  Add some glitter glue for extra sparkle! 

Create the pop up mechanism with a 3 1/2" x 8" piece of cardstock.  Adhere in place and assemble card.  For video tutorial, type Paper Craft Secrets in your search engine and follow the steps to join.

Featured Products:



 

I hope I've inspired you to create!
Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.


click below for:


Thanks for stopping by!

 
Vicki 

2 comments:

Diane said...

What a fun card shape and design.

Hugs Diane

Devon said...

Welcome back to Dies R Us Inspiration Team. I love your designs and I can't wait to try the Twist n Pop fold card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails