Translate

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

This Sistah's Favorite Technique!

I'm back sharing a mixed media card for the Sisterhood of Crafter's "Favorite Technique" Challenge.  Yep, what's your favorite crafting technique?  Now through June 7th, we want to you to share your inspiration with us.  Link your project and you could be one of our Top Sistahs!  Check out the details and guidelines on the Sisterhood of Crafters Blog.
 
Not only am I sharing my favorite techniques today, but I'm also sharing a good friend, Pam Bray's, new line of papers and stamps, Sensations.  The papers are the perfect quality for mixed media projects and have the most amazing designs and colors.  She also has other paper lines, flair embellishments and embossing powders.  You can find them in Canada at Wild Whispers and in the US at The Funkie Junkie.

 
Here's some inspiration using my favorite techniques, texture and dimension...

"Smile"
 
I love the vibrant colors on these papers.  I've used a heart stencil and glass bead gel to create a cascading line of hearts down the side for texture.  The flowers and heart are fussy cut and have added dimension using foam dots.   The sentiment stamp is die cut and then matted using a scalloped square die turned 90 degrees.
 
 
Here's a closer look at the glass bead gel hearts.  This media goes on opaque and dries clear allowing you to visualize the beads.
 
 
A close up of the dimension I added to the heart and flowers.
 
Featured Product
 
From my stash...
CTMH White Cardstock
Liquitex Glass Bead Gel
Queen & Co. Pearls
 
Challenges entered:
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
I hope I have inspired you in some way to try mixed media products.
Be sure to check out Pam Bray's fabulous products at Wild Whisper or the Funkie Junkie.
 
Vicki

9 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning colours, fab technique as always, you do inspire us all.xx

Debbie Mageed said...

Love this gorgeous card, Vicki! Yes, mixed media is a wonderful technique and I need to try it on cards instead of my journal. The hearts are such a wonderful touch - love it!! Have a great rest of your week, Sistah!

Darlene said...

WOW this is a gorgeous work of art! LOVE all the colors and dimension! GREAT JOB my friend!!!

Su Mohr said...

What a bright and cheery card, Vicki! I love the hearts and texture!

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

Cool! It is like a mixed media collage panel. Such a fabulous card front. Love everything about it, sistah!

Meggymay said...

A stunning card, it looks so pretty with the flowers against the background you created. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

My name is Erika. said...

Wow, this is a super beautiful card. I love all the color and images and the whole thing really. Thanks for linking it up to Try It On Tuesday. hugs-Erika

Suzanne C said...

Flowers and Hearts and a joyful color palette! A beautiful card that gives joy with all it's pretty design! Thank you for playing along in The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge "Tickled Pink"!

Maggi said...

Oh my, I love your card and all the pink colors you used. I am a big fan of bright and bold and you nailed it for me! Thanks so much for joining in our Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails