Translate

Monday, July 13, 2020

Let's Rock & Roll

Welcome crafty peeps...

Today, I'm sharing some fun inspiration with you here and on the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.  I was recently inspired by a challenge about music and wanted to play along with the theme.  And, not just any music...but the music of Elton John.   As a teen of the 70's, I remember the glam pop and rock icon as a great entertainer.

I've used the die cuts shown below to create a collage card using Elton John song titles.


Cheery Lynn Rock & Roll Jukebox
Cheery Lynn Whistle A Happy Tune
Poppystamps Sugar Plum Faerie
Precious Marieke Candles
Tutti Designs Scalloped Stitched Nesting Circles

*Select Cheery Lynn Die Cuts are available in the Dies R Us Store.

 I did a little research and created a card with a few of my favorites.


I went with retro colors of red and turquoise, included a black base and images along with silver metallic accents.   The jukebox is already assembled in this photo to prevent me from losing pieces!

Here's the finished collage card...

"Rock & Roll"

I used an oldie, but favorite background stencil and yellow distress ink.   Maybe a clue. ; ; (wink, wink) The sentiment is three layers adhered together for dimension.

There are eight songs in all...can you  name them?
 
Thanks for stopping by...
I hope I've inspired you to use die cuts on your creative projects.
 
Don't forget to stop by the Dies R Us Challenge Blog and play along.  There's a new challenge posted on the 1st and 15th of every month.  One lucky entry, chosen by random draw, will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  Check out the links below for easy access...


Vicki

4 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Vicki, lovely and bright and full of fab dies... ♥♥

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful musical card, and love the shapes used!

Devon said...

Love your card and also love Elton John. What a great tribute to Elton. I love how you used the circle set of dies to make records.

Treva said...

Wow, nice card and great tribute; love the design and LO of you card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails