Translate

Monday, April 4, 2022

Kindness is the key...

 Welcome back for A Place to Start's April Challenge!

 The challenge theme is always "Anything Goes with a Twist".  This month's twist is "Key it Simple".  Incorporate a key or lock and key into the project you create.  Link it up to A Place to Start's April Challenge post by April 30th.  You could be featured as one of our Rising Stars.  Play along with our challenge HERE.


 

Here's my card including the twist!

Kindness is the key...
 
At the beginning of 2022, I decided to challenge myself.  Not a resolution, but a commitment to perform a "Random Act of Kindness" each month for the entire year.  As of now, I've completed the first 3 months and April's is ready to go postal at the end of the week along with this card that will accompany the gift.

I used some leftover stash from a beautiful Ciao Bella paper collection. The colors are gorgeous and some of my favorites to work with.  The sentiment is computer generated, die cut and matted with the coordinating card stock used to mat other layers.  I adhered a metal key and added dimension with foam dots. 
 

The cork butterflies have been in my stash for a very long time and were a perfect embellishment on the card.  I hope the secret recipient is comforted and happy with my random act of kindness.  
 
Challenges entered:

 Stop by  the "A Place to Start" challenge blog and play along with our April Challenge, "Anything Goes with a Key It Simple Twist".  You never know, you could be our next Rising Star!

 Thanks for stopping by today.
Hope to see you back again soon.


10 comments:

Devon said...

Beautiful. The card looks handpainted. It's a beautiful piece of art.

María said...

Vicki this card is gorgeous. Those papers are beautiful and the butterflies are perfect for them. And those touches of red are very elegant. I love the key on the sentiment. Great job. I'm sure the person who will receive this card is going to love it. María, xx

Diane said...

What a beautifully created card, such pretty papers too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}
{Dies R Us}

pssmitty papercrafts said...

What a beautiful card! Perfect for the sketch. Adding the little key makes it very special.
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team

Dena J said...

A gorgeous card with a special destination! Thank you for joining this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Celeste said...

I love your commitment to performing a random act of kindness - I have so so many cards, I’ve decided to give a bunch of them to a local nursing home for Mothers Day! So far I have well over 50 cards to donate, and I want to make it 75…..
Thanks for identifying the material of the butterflies - at first I thought they were from wood bark….very original!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing a long in the Krafty Chicks challenge!!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Love this! Your flowers are gorgeous! Your butterflies are a great addition! Delighted to have you join us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
Diane - DT

Anna York said...

What a beautiful card. I really love the butterflies and the pretty floral image. What a wonderful interpretation of the sketch. Thank you for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and hope to see you again soon!
Anna, Design Team

Brandi said...

Beautiful card, I love the flowers and butterflies. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails