Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Have a good day!

Welcome crafty friends... 
 
 There's a new challenge up at the Double D Challenge Blog!  Today's theme is "Splatters!" 
 
 This brings to mind so many things for me.... jumping in a puddle that splatters, using a mixer that splatters on the walls (and me), dropping a drink that splatters everywhere! But, let's keep it in craft mode where it deals with paints, mists, inks and other MM products.
 
Here's a colorful and fun mood board to inspire you.
  
The Double D Team will be choosing a Top Creative Winner and an additional three Creative Winners. 
So stop on by and play along with this fun challenge!
 
I am in my "magical" mode and love splashing and splattering with them in addition to adding acrylic paint splatters.  They seem to be finding their way on to many of my recent projects.
 

have a good day
 
I used bronze metallic paper for matting the focal panel and the sentiment.  A bit of coastal colors on this card with the shades of blues and tans.  I used white acrylic to add the splatters to the background.  The blue sentiment is offset in white on the bronze mat with a few white enamel dots scattered around.
 
From my stash
CTMH White Enamel Dots 
Folk Art Wicker White Acrylic 
Lindy's Gang/Katie Pertiet Designs Magicals 
 
You have until Sunday, May 31st at 8 PM EST to enter.
 
Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Magical Mode how FUN! This is a beauty!

Lia said...

I love watercolouring and you added some splatters: great idea!
Lia xx

Darlene said...

What a awesome card ... love the colors!!

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful, dreamy, fabulous background! I have to say your photo with the colorful line up of MM products just makes me swoon! Ever since I was a kid... gosh, that big box of crayons... pardon me while I swoon just thinking of it. Wonderful inspiration, Vicki!

Barbara said...

Good morning Vicki I'm here to say I totally left my brain in Florida. I thought that I had commented on the team's cards, but I have not. I think you did a wonderful job on this theme of splatters. I also love the colors that you chose They are dreamy. I often forget to offset my sentiment and you have shown me that it works wonderfully.

aussie aNNie said...

So much detail and beauty ... and lovely colour choice. ♥

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful take on the challenge. I love your splatters, and I also love the colors you chose for that die cut greeting. Really pretty card.

Sweet!

Hi Crafty Friends!   We're halfway through July already and more than halfway through the year.  The Double D is sharing their new chall...