Welcome crafty friends!
There's a new challenge at the Double D Blog and the theme is "When Life Hands You Lemons". They're asking to use colors, lemons, beverage or whatever the mood board inspires you to create!
This is such a fun mood board with colors you don't expect to see with lemons.
I was inspired by the last photo and created this card...
I love the pretty lavender drink and decided to use lavender as the base color on this A6 size card. The white panel makes the background color really stand out. The lemons are inked up with distress inks and accented with distress glitter on the rind edges. I added some green foliage for another pop of color. The sentiment is cut from the lavender and matted with a white banner that I offset a bit. Lastly, I tucked in a lemon behind the sentiment and adhered several yellow rhinestone jewels.
From my stash...
Altenew Gradient Stripes Cover Plate
Globeland Citrus Die Set
Paper Studio Yellow Jewels
Sharing with these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Have the best day!



.png)


10 comments:
Lavender and yellow: a great colour combination for this get well card!
Lia xx
This would make anybody feel better! Love those luscious lemon slices and that cover plate die and the pretty purple shining through! Fantastic!
I absolutely love this card, that cover plate is a perfect backdrop for your pretty lemons and love the mix of colors too, fabulous card!!
This is awesome and what a great take on our mood board. Beautifully crafted my friend! Thanks for yummy inspiration ... those lemons are so real looking they are making my mouth pucker lol
I love how you were inspired to use these colors! They look fabulous, and so do those sparkly lemon rinds. I'm loving the striped cover plate, too!
The colors that you used on this card is what struck me first I love that background color, cause it really makes the lemons stand out. great design!
So beautifully done and perfect for a "get well" card. Love how this turned out! Thank you so much for sharing with us at I spy with my little eye challenge!
Those lemons are gorgeous, I love the dimension you have created with them. And the purple is a surprisingly unique color to use here. Brings the look to a whole other level.
Amazing and I like all little details added ♥
Fabulous concept for a get well card, and beautifully executed. Really pretty and vibrant. Thanks so much for sharing with this month’s “I Soy With My Littke Eye” challenge.
Pauline xx
Post a Comment