Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Celebrate You

 Welcome crafty friends!  

Today, I'm sharing a card for the first September challenge at the Double D.  Diane's team is hosting along with additional inspiration from Darlene's team. 

The theme is "Vases and/or Pitchers".  

Here's some lovely inspiration...
 
I was inspired by the first photo with the soft blue vase and pop of yellow flowers. And, as Dolly always said, "Celebrate the Dreamer in You".
CELEBRATE YOU
 
 I covered the white base of this A2 card with an embossed background.  The die cut arches use the same embossing folder and foam tape for added dimension.  The flowers are laser cuts tucked into the pale blue vase.  I adhered a butterfly as embellishment and sentiment strip at the base of the vase. 
 
From my stash... 
Bazzill Jet Stream CS
Krafty Gardens Laser Cuts
Krafty Gardens Solids #2
Neenah Solar White Cardstock 
Pink Fresh Keepsakes of the Heart Vase
Spellbinders Herringbone Decor 3D EF
 
 Sharing with these challenges: 
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Have the very best day! 

12 comments:

Barbara said...

I love the spft fannel looking background that you made for this vase of yellow flowers. The clean white vase really allows the flowers to shine. I love this!

Darlene said...

SO SO pretty! Love the arched background design ... really draws your eye right to that beautiful vase of flowers. Well done my friend!

Diane said...

A gorgeous vase of flowers with lots of pretty texture, love the addition of the pretty butterfly too!!

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful! I do love arches and have been using quite a few while crafting! This is a pretty vase filled with pretty posies!

aussie aNNie said...

This is so adorable, great design and coloring ♥

Darlene said...

Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Can You Handle the Pressure Co-Owner

Leslie Miller said...

Vicki, I think this card is the most beautiful thing! I love an earthy look to begin with, and you've achieved some amazing texture in your background with the embossed layers. The flowers appear to have interesting texture as well. They remind me of some kind of wild flower I've seen, but I can't quite put a name on it. Really a wonderful card!

Diane said...

Well, you already know I love your pretty card, so thank you for sharing it with us at Beautiful Blossoms!
Diane BB DT

Donna Walls said...

Very Pretty, I love the textured background and the beautiful vase of flowers. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station and Beautiful Blossoms Challenges, it's always a treat to see your work.
Donna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge

Judy Woodland said...

What a fabulous card. I love that neutral background, it showcases those pretty yellow flowers perfectly. And the addition of the butterfly is just the perfect final touch. I was wondering how you did those flowers until I read they were laser cut. WONDERFUL!!!

Vicky Wright said...

Such a lovely card. The butterfly is a great additon. Thank you so much for playing along with The Paper Funday Challenge.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card, love the embossed background.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril