Translate

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Jump...and all that glitters!

My niece competed in the Miss Pennsylvania pageant this past year and her talent perfomance was amazing. She is an extremely talented gymnast. I love these photos of her routine and knew I wanted to scrap the action and vibrant colors. 


I used the sketch of the week, designed by Candace Lawlor for the Scrapbook News and Review Blog.

  
The design and linear lines of this sketch were perfect for the photos that I chose for my layout. Although the sketch has one photo, the details in the two that I used allowed me to combine them as one. The spotlight in both photos was at the same angle and they aligned perfectly. 

I matted and staggered the chipboard letters to dramatize the "jump" both in the photos and the title. The journaling, Miss Pennsylvania Pageant 2012, is watermarked at an angle on a vellum background. The angles of the lighting, jump, chipboard letters, and watermarked journaling offset the vertical lines of the sketch.
 
Supplies 
 Cardstock: Bazzill 
Specialty Paper: Recollections 
Chipboard Letters: Me and My Big Ideas, Recollections 
 Buttons: Doodlebug, Dress It Up 
Chipboard Swirls: Recollections 
Paper Dots: Craft Work Cards

Thanks for stopping by my blog !

  Stop by the Scrapbook News and Review Blog for more inspiration.

post signature

1 comment:

LisaM said...

Gorgeous page with beautiful photos! Love all the glitter

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails