Translate

Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Sketch World April Sketch Challenge

Lucy has created another fabulous sketch for April's Sketch Challenge at My Sketch World.  This sketch has a fair amount of open white space and I was excited to work with it.
 I decided to use some photos of our nephew racing his dirt bike in a recent competition.  He is amazing to watch, although it scares the daylights out of me to see him jump so high and spin that bike around in the air!! 


 I started with  white cardstock for the background and grabbed my mists, templates and a tire tread stamp that I made from an old sticker.  The prominent colors in the photos were red, white and blue with  a hint of yellow so I used them throughout the entire layout.

The first color up was Creative Imaginations Blue Flame mist over my Crafters Workshop Chicken Wire Template.  Next, I inked over a Studio Calico Circular Graph Template with Ranger Distress Inks to highlight the wheels on the dirt bike.  I cut a few ribbon banners from different patterned papers to mat the photos.  The star die cuts were made using my Sizzix Star Framelits.  I added pop dots to a few of them for dimension.  Time to add the tread marks!  It was so fun stamping them randomly all over using Black Tuxedo Ink.  I tucked a plastic Finish Line card from a local sporting goods store under the photo on the right.  A sub title, "Rugged Dude" from Close To My Heart, stamped on an arrow tag and the main title, "RIDE" finished off the layout.

Supplies
Bazzill Cardstock - Avalanche
Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny, Crate, Echo Park
Close To My Heart Stamp Set
Studio Calico Circular Graph Template
We R Memory Keepers Twine*

*Denotes similar product available in the CropStop Store

Thanks for stopping by my blog!  

Shop in the CropStop Store for your crafting needs.  Use my special CropStop discount code, CTC-VR, on checkout for 10% off your total purchase with no minimum required.

Visit the My Sketch World Blog to see what other Design Team members have done with the sketch!
post signature

7 comments:

cebelica said...

I like how your layout turned out. I wouldn't have guessed you started with a plain white cardstock. I think you made the background really interesting with that tire stamp. Looks great! I also like how the pictures and the banners stand out. Great choice of colours. Hugs! xx

~jan said...

What a spectacular layout, Vicki! Great job with the sketch. Love how you used your inks and mists. That tire tread is so cool!

Scrapenabler said...

Love this layout! I love the bright colors, the stars punched out of the banners and then placed on them. Also love the way you did the background.

2amscrapper said...

Love what you did with the sketch

trisha too said...

Wonderful lo, Vicki--it really captures the whole bike thing, from the shapes to the sense of motion!

:)

Stamping With Bibiana said...

wonderful sketch...wish to do some scrapbook pages :)
bibiana

LisaM said...

I love this fun, moving layout Vicki!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails