Translate

Friday, May 17, 2013

Framed!

Today I want to share a fun project I created at a recent crop I attended.  

We always have a challenge to complete on Saturday evening.  The past couple of crops it's been an altered art challenge.  Not a problem for me except the time frame is shorter than I am used to having for this type of project.  Fortunately, I had all of my favorite mixed media products in tow and put them to good use along with my heat tool!

 This is the finished frame.  Now...here's the how!

I started with just a raw unfinished wooden frame that's more than likely from a local craft store.  Since time was a factor, I used a very, very light coat of gesso to help seal the wood.  I added some of my favorite mists and distress inks all from Ranger.  
 
 The bottom right corner was the next order of business because it needed the most time to dry.  Using my Want2Scrap Brick template, I used a plastic gift card to apply glass bead gel.  Love this stuff!! 
 
  I used my heat tool to help dry it a little faster.  You can see the difference in the appearance as the gel dries and the beads become almost transparent.

 In the lower left, I added some trees with a template, modeling paste and Flower Soft for texture. The chipboard letters, heart and house were from my stash.

Across the top I used more modeling paste and added some flying geese.  I inked them when they dried.  The cloud is also made with modeling paste and Flower Soft.  The jeweled flourishes for some "wind" effect and the frame is finished!

I sprayed a coating of  Thermoweb Glitter Dust over the entire frame to add more shimmer.

 Supplies

Crafters Workshop Templates
Flying Geese  



Ranger/Dylusions Ink Spray

Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Ink
 Worn Lipstick

Want2Scrap Brick Wall Stencil
 
Thanks for stopping by to share my Friday inspiration with you!

Visit the CropStop Store for your crafting needs.  Use my special CropStop Discount Code, CTC-VR for 10% off your total purchase with no minimum required.  Easy, cause' the code never changes.

CropStop, the stopping place for paper crafters!

post signature

2 comments:

Krisha said...

Beautiful frame, love hte glass beading.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

I wonder if you are going to use it as a frame for a photo or for another thing...thanks for all the explanations on "how to". BTW, I love Flower soft...
bibiana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails