Translate

Monday, August 4, 2014

A Creative Blog Hop!

I was thrilled to receive an invitation from one of my most inspiring crafty friends, Bibiana, to participate in this fabulous "Creative Blog Hop"!  We will continue this progressive blog hop while meeting and greeting new bloggers, sharing our creative inspiration, and learning more about ourselves and the craft we love!

A little about the wonderful friend that nominated me to play along....

Bibiana and I "found" each other through her Memory Box Blog posts as I have a true addiction to Memory Box Die Cuts.   I started following her blog and fell in love with her creative ideas for using die cuts. Bibiana is a designer, teacher, and writer for Memory Box, which she combines with her love of stamping.  She has blogs in 3 languages...English, French and Spanish!!  How impressive is that?  You can find lots of inspiring projects on all of her blogs in photo and video format.  Her work is also featured with Lost Coast Designs, Lavinia Stamps, and Split Coast Stampers.  We hope to meet in person some day in the future at CHA.  Up until now, we keep missing each other!
 
Scrapbooking started it all for me, but card making took over along with mixed media and altered art.  Creating monopolizes a lot of my time.  I'd like to share a few of my favorite projects that include all aspects of crafting from scrapbooking to altered art.
 
"Picture Perfect"

 "He Prays"
Steampunk Arch
"Happy 100"
 
"SHOES"
Pin Cushion Mason Jar
Altered Necklace Bust

My style is eclectic but heavenly influenced by vintage and shabby chic!
 Each nominee must answer four questions and then nominate 3 other crafty friends to play along and keep the blog hop going.

1. What am I working on now? 
This week I am working on September projects for two of my Design Teams.  The themes are not public information, so it's a secret and you will have to stop by my blog in September to find out what I am creating?
2. How does my work differ from others in my genre?
I'm not a fan of sketches when creating cards or layouts.   I treat every project like an individual piece of art.  I have no two projects that are alike.    Details, it's all in the details!

3.  Why do I create what I do?
Creating cards has become a true passion for me.  They are like a mini canvas or scrapbook layout.  My favorite shape is a square and I usually make 5" x 5" or 6" x 6".  I love the feeling of accomplishment I have when my card is complete and ready to give to the person receiving it.   It is a relaxing and fun process from start to finish.  This goes for scrapping, mixed media and altered art too.  I never get enough of creating with my hands.
 
4.  How does my creative process work?
I start with a focal point on my cards, layouts, and other projects and build off of that.  The embellishments that I choose and details I create are all based on that original starting point. Color coordination is super important to me also.  I have a difficult time with bright colors and offsetting designs and patterns that don't typically go together.
 
Now, I'm "passing the torch" to a couple of my blogger friends that help me to stay inspired ! Be it their distinctive style, inspiring creativeness, or gentle personality, they have all affected me in a positive way that I want to share with you!

I met both of these wonderful ladies through crafting on the internet. And one, I had the good fortune of meeting IRL.

Tracey Sabella
I'm a shabby chic, mixed media artist and enjoy the creative outlet of paper crafting. I’ve been creating and crafting for as long as I can remember and use many of those skills on my projects. I adore learning new techniques along the way and enjoy sharing my projects along with tips and techniques on my blog. I design for Donna Salazar Designs, Leaky Shed Studio, Once Upon A…Sketch and Helmar. I'm also a regular contributor to Scrapbooking.com Magazine.

Tracey's Garden of Grace
Michelle Pearson
  Papercrafting is my sanity saver.  It keeps my mind occupied and gives me satisfaction to create *something* out of a pile of fun supplies. I teach stamping workshops and love trying new techniques and like a variety of styles. I met Vicki when I was designing for CropStop and got to meet her at CHA.  Now I design for Inky Antics and Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps, you can see my work in their booths and catalogs.  I also design for McMahon Five Designs.  I have been published in Just Cards, Just Steampunk and Stampers Sampler.  You can see my work on my blog Inspiration Blooms or follow me on Pinterest!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you were inspired and stop back again soon.

6 comments:

Michelle Pearson said...

Love your picture perfect n he prays layouts. You are the detail queen! Thanks for the shout out, crafty lady!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

hello Vicky. so many good things to say!! 1st thanks so much for the Wonderful introduction to what I do and my blogs...love all your projects, you have done such great projects...can't decide for none but the bust and the steampunk tag are just wonderful...
great to know more about you too!!!
Darnell, one of the 3 blogger friends that i taged made a button for the blog hop so go and grab it if you want! and where is the link for your friend Tracey! I wanted to visited her, for Michelle I see that she left already a comment here...Ok my friend keep in touch
hugs bibana

Golden Goddess Designs said...

such beautiful projects! thanks for sharing! I can't wait to check the other bloggers out!

wendipooh13 said...

amazing projects and word!!! LOVE LOVE all your mini pics in the frames on the top layout and everything else is stunning!!!!

Darnell said...

Great post, Vicky! It's wonderful to meet you through Bibianna and be your newest follower! I hope you'll come by and meet me and follow me, too, if you like! I also have a CTBH "I've been tagged" button that you can use on your blog so people know. Hugs, Darnell

antenucci said...

Love the pin cushion and the bust one, they are soooo gorgeous! So why did you switch from scrapping to cards? Curious, your not the first one so I wondered.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails