Translate

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Craft-Dee BowZ August Blog Hop!

It's time for another Craft-Dee BowZ  Blog Hop!
We are celebrating the "Guy in your life" for August. 

One of my husband's favorite pastimes, other than golf, is reading.  He loves to read and keeps a book on hand at all times.  So, a special bookmark was in order for him as the one he is currently using is looking very worn!

"Read"

I really like how this bookmark turned out.  Our color theme for August is brown and burgundy.  I found some very old MME papers in my stash that were masculine and the right colors.  The chipboard clocks are ancient too and the cards are from a newer purchase.  The sentiment and image are from the Rogue Redhead Designs, "Relish Reading" stamp set.  The ink looks red for some reason, but it is burgundy IRL!  I used some of my favorite die cuts for embellishing along with trim and buttons from our August DT product.
The single loop bow was made so easily with my Craft-Dee BowZ bow making tool and twine.  You can make beautiful bows in record time with this easy to use tool

Now, onto the Craft-Dee BowZ Blog Hop!
(Check out my blog candy giveaway while you are here)

Start at the Craft-Dee BowZ  blog for quidelines and prize information.   From there you will visit each of the design team member blogs listed below.  If you get lost along the way just refer back to the Craft-Dee BowZ blog, and don't forget to leave one last comment there.

(Begin Here)

(End Here)

To be eligible for the Craft-Dee BowZ  Bow Making Tool prize, you must leave a comment on each of the listed blogs. But the team is small, so it won't take long and you will see wonderful inspiration along the way!



 In addition to the Craft-Dee BowZ prize, I am offering my own blog candy to one random winner! All you need to do is become a follower of my blog.  It's that easy! Leave me a reply to let me know and you will be entered in the draw for my blog candy. Stop back on August 11th to see if you are a winner.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
I hope our design team has inspired you to play along with us!


15 comments:

Donna Maligno said...

Vicki, this is such a great idea! It is masculine all the way and I'm sure hubby will love it. And you've sweetened the pot with your own little blog candy! What a great opportunity for these bloggers this month!

Anonymous said...

Love the bookmark. the colors are great and the design is wonderful. With just a little change it could be adapted for a woman or a child. thanks for the idea.

New Creations said...

Really masculine approach card, Love the style how you put in "READ" papers for your bookmark!!! Colour theme is just perfect with this single loop bow.

New Creations said...

Oh, Me again!
I am already your follower and would love to win these gorgeous candy with those pretty laces and flowers!!!

ursula Uphof said...

I do love how your bookmark has turned out. Great letters and colour. Hugs, Ursula

Darlene said...

Oh Vicki what a FABULOUS bookmarker! I can always come to the Craft-Dee Bowz gang for awesome inspiration!
Thanks for a fun hop!

Unknown said...

What a stunning bookmark! I love the layers. The colors are perfect.. so weird when the inks turn out so different than real life LOL LOVE all the stamps! and the banners. Those buttons are magnificent too!! Love this!! Gorgeous!!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

Dana Tatar said...

Awesome book mark! I love the quote you added. When I'm not scrapping I'm reading, so I totally agree with the sentiment. :)

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Vicky! Love your delicate bow on your marvelously vintage bookmark. Does the bow actually tie through the button? If so, did you weave the button on the tool? Looks great, even if the button is added on top of the bow. I was already a follower on your blog, and enjoy all the pretties you make. However, I've been preferring Networked blogs lately and joined via that method as well! Thanks for the wonderful tips. hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

Rebecca Deeprose said...

A gorgeous bookmark Vicki! I love the color combo, vintage feel and creative use of the ribbon~ Fabulous creation! ((hugs)), Rebecca

Linda S. said...

What a thoughtful bookmark you have made for your husband. I'm sure he will cherish it. Love the colors.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

WOW, me too Ilove that bookmark, specially the front cards in white...it is so pretty congrats...hugs bibiana

Jo Lindskog said...

So much inspiration! Thank you so much

Barbara Bruder said...

What a great bookmark. Perfect idea for your husband. Lovely colors and the letter cards are really a great focal point. Love it!!

Darnell said...

Vicki, I really like how your bookmark turned out, too! So vintage and I love the bold message loud and clear!! Hugs, Darnell

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails