Translate

Monday, September 18, 2017

Dies R Us Chinese Lantern Sympathy Card

It's my day up on the Dies R Us Inspirational Blog and I'm sharing a card using a  very unique die from Poppystamps, the Chinese Lantern Stem and Tutti Designs Sympathy Word Set.

The Chinese Lantern plant has always fascinated me with its delicate and paper thin fruit.  The bright orange color makes it a favored fall decoration this time of year.  They're typically used in dry floral and other ornamental arrangements. This die cut is perfect for the upcoming Halloween and Thanksgiving holidays.


I used the Chinese Lantern die cut along with a "Sympathy" word die to create a simple, but elegant design on my card.
 
Here's my Chinese Lantern Stem inspiration for you...

  "Sympathy"

Trying to photograph a creation that has metallic on it is so hard!  It has to be shown at every angle in order to catch the true color of the paper.  Getting the lighting just right is next to impossible!  I took so...many...pictures of this card, and hope you are able to see the beauty and elegance of this simple design. 


I double cut the die using metallic gold and orange glitter cardstock.


I kept the gold metallic die cut to use as the outline for the stem and lantern.  The orange glitter insets from the second cut became the lantern itself.

 
The sentiment is also cut from the gold metallic paper.


Here's a front view of the card. 

Featured Product

 
 

 
 
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!  I hope my card has inspired you to use die cuts on your cards and projects. 
 
Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
 

Vicki

1 comment:

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful card!
I had never heard of the Chinese Lantern plant until this past week-end when Power Poppy had their CL digi on sale! I bought it and am posting a card using it tomorrow! How fun to see how you used a CL die to make an absolutely perfect sympathy card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails