Translate

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Double D Sentiment/Quote Challenge!

 It's time for the Double D's second challenge in September.  At the Double D Challenge Blog, we always offer great inspiration with our selection of mood boards and Design Team creations.  Come and play along with us!

For the next two weeks, our challenge theme is Sentiments and Quotes.   Use a favorite sentiment or inspirational quote on your card or project and link it up to our current challenge post HERE in the Double D Challenge Blog.  We'll be awarding badges and giving out this prize to one lucky winner chosen by random draw...



And, as always, here's a mood board to help inspire you.  Use one, two, three or all four of the photos as your inspiration.  


I took my inspiration from the colors and quotes in the mood board photos. 

"She STOOD in the storm..."

I wanted to create a feminine card to go along with one of my favorite sentiments, so pink was the choice.  The quote speaks for itself...I find it very inspiring on days when things aren't going my way.  Life requires us to be flexible every day.  This card is on it's way to a friend that, I hope, takes inspiration from this quote.  She should be receiving it today!

The card is 5" x 7" in size with a black cardstock base.  The white floral background die cut is layered over patterned paper from Authentique's "Classique: Pretty" Collection.  I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock, cut it with an oval die and matted it with a scalloped die.

And...introducing my first attempt at making foamiran flowers!!  My friend, Monica, turned me on to trying this after seeing the amazing ones that she created.   I used a Heartfelt die to make the petals and then inked them with distress ink in the centers and along the edges.  When they were assembled, I sprayed them with iridescent Glitter Dust.  I think for the first attempt, they turned out pretty well.  A few pearls and a turquoise bow complete the embellishing!

From my stash...
Authentique Classique: Pretty Collection
Bazzill Cardstock
Close To My Heart Black Ink
Die Cuts: Anna Griffin, Heartfelt Creations, Spellbinders
Queen & Company Pearls
Ranger Victorian Velvet Distress Ink
Therm O Web Glitter Dust
Other: Foamiran, ribbon

Challenges entered:
Really Reasonable Ribbon #172/10-4
Scrapyland Challenge #74/9-30

Thanks for stopping by to share my challenge inspiration. 
Now it's your turn...join in our "Sentiment and Quote" Challenge.
Come on over to the Double D Challenge Blog and play along.

Vicki

14 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful card Vicki!! I love the background paper (I think I have it, too) as it looks so much like real lace! Your flowers turned out gorgeous, I have yet to try the foamiran flowers, but I think you have inspired me to give it a try (as soon as I order some foam that is..lol)

aussie aNNie said...

Totally gorgeous and love your chosen quote.xx [aNNie]

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing card!!! I always love this sentiment, it's one of my favourite! :) Great design and colors, too!

Devon said...

Beautiful. I just saw a demo on the foam used for flowers and you did great, they look beautiful and so life like. Beautiful Card.

Donna Phelan said...

I have always loved that quote, I find it sooooo empowering! This is a beautiful creation! What a beautiful die cut and lacy background, topped with your pretty flowers! Stunning!

Esther Asbury said...

What a gorgeous card -- I love that beautiful die cut you used as the background! So pretty!

Scrapper69 said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL! Your card is so Elegant... I LOVE it! :)

Theresa

Darlene said...

Sorry for the delay in commenting ... was doing a private show yesterday and was too tired by the time I got home and got things put away to get online! LOL ... Sorry!

WOW I love that quote and you've showcased it BEAUTIFULLY!! Your flowers are fabulous and like Diane, I have yet to give them a try ... but it is on my ToDo List!! Thanks for gorgeous inspiration! HUGS

Judy Woodland said...

One of my favorite quotes and you have used it perfectly here. I have never heard of Foamiran, will have to look into it. Your flowers are beautiful. Great take on the challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

Your background is just the right combination of die cut and beautiful paper, and that's topped off with a most encouraging quote, appropriate for so many situations. I wouldn't mind having that one in my collection. I've seen and felt those foam flowers before and I absolutely love the texture. Gorgeous card, Vicki!

Sherrie K. said...

Such a pretty card! The dies you used are beautiful and I love the background paper! The sentiment is gorgeous and so pretty framed out!
Thanks so much for joining us in the Scrapy Land Challenge!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

simply monica said...

gorgeous job you would think you have been making them for years!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a beautiful card Vicki. Love the layout and the quote and the background is so very pretty.

SewPaperPaint said...

Very beautiful! Hugs, Autumn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails