Translate

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Colors of Summer...

 Welcome back blogger friends!

We're still rockin' the summertime season at the Double D Challenge Blog. The sweltering heat across the country and around the world is making this summer a hot one.  Our theme for the next two weeks is, "Colors of Summer".  

Check out this fabulous and colorful mood board!


Choose one of the four photos or use them all to inspire your project.  Link it up to the Double D "Colors of Summer" Challenge and you could be a winner!  You'll find guidelines and prize information on the Double D Challenge Blog.
 
We'll be choosing a Creative Winner along with 3 top choices chosen by our Design Team to receive our Double D Badge to share on their blogs.  Also, when a prize is being offered, we'll choose a winner by random draw.  One lucky person, chosen by random draw will be the winner of the prize below.

Here's the prize for this challenge...

NUVO Diamond Hybrid Ink Pads- Tropical
 
                                   I took my inspiration from the lemon slice in the last photo.

 
Yellow is such a happy color and with lemons being so trendy right now, it was the obvious choice for my "Colors of Summer" inspiration.  I found this fun sunburst paper in my collection stash and decided to create a lemon shaker card.  The die cut frame reminds me of fruit seeds.
 
 
I embellished the shaker window with die cut foliage and mulberry rose.
 
From my stash...
Bazzill Cardstock
Photoplay Patterned Paper
Recollections Overlay
Spellbinders Foliage and Tear Drop Circle Dies
Wild Orchid Crafts Rose
Other: Sequins 

Challenges entered:
 
Visit my Double D team members for more inspiration.

Team Darlene

Team Diane

Thanks for stopping by.  
I hope I've inspired you in some way.
Stop back again soon!

9 comments:

Diane said...

Such a beautifully designed card, love the pretty lemon paper and your lovely design!!

Birgit said...

You can't go wrong with a shaker card but when you add a citrussy lemon to it, it's even better! I love the look of anything that's lemon fresh. Lemons are like daisies, they're always cheerful. Your card is as sweet as can be Vicki!

Donna Phelan said...

And it is my favorite color, so happy, so sunshiny! Love the sunburst paper, it's perfect! Your design is magnificent, great cut out, perfect for another favorite of mine...Shakers! That flower is the most beautiful accent too! LOVE this!!!

Kathy Krug said...

I live this sunshine shaker card. Pretty papers and flower spray. Gorgeous.

Barbara said...

Winner Winner! In my book, this one is the best of the bunch and that was not easy. Love it!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful ray of sunshine on our cold Aussie day. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful ray of sunshine on our cold Aussie day. xx

Judy Woodland said...

Well this just screams SUMMER, that is all. I love the sunburst design and the fact that you made it into a shaker is GENIUS!!! I adore everything about this card!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful design with the pretty yellow paper background.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails