Translate

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Whoooo's There?

 Welcome back for a new challenge at the Double D Blog.

It's October and we're getting ready for Halloween on the blog and here at home.  The decorations are complete along with treat bags for the neighbor kids.


Our challenge theme for the first two weeks of October is, "Owls and/or Pumpkins".  Show us how you were inspired by the fun mood board below.   Link up your project to the Double D Challenge Blog post by October 17th and you could be our prize winner or one of four creative winners.
 

I was inspired by all of the elements on the mood board!

Halloween

This slimline card features Tutti Designs Owl Family in silhouette.  I double cut, matted with purple and added a few feathers behind each owl.  I added some die cut leaves and sequins to embellish.

From my stash...
Bazzill Cardstock
CTMH Patterned Papers
Diemond Dies Leaves
Momenta Leaves
Tutti Designs Owl Family

Challenges entered:

Come on by the Double D Challenge Blog and play along with our Owls and Pumpkins Challenge.  You could be a winner.
 
And, when you're linking, be sure to stop by the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge Blog and add you entry there too!

Thanks for stopping by!
Hope to see you again soon.



12 comments:

Diane said...

Super cute owl card Vicki, great idea with the purple, really makes them stand out! Thanks for the shout out to Two Old Bats too!

Donna Phelan said...

Great slimline card with a row of wonderful owls....looooove your decor!

Darlene said...

WOW your decorations look AWESOME!
What a cute card and how clever of you to use feathers ... fantastic! Like Diane said, thanks for the shout out ... these Two Old Bat can use all the help they can get! LOL Have a fabulous day my friend!

Birgit said...

This is super cute Vicki! I enjoyed seeing your halloween décor too!

Barbara said...

I think that you were inspired by your home decorations. I love both the card and the decorations. I only put out a few fall colors as we will be leaving soon. I wish that I could decorate like you.

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, these owls are the prettiest, Vicki! I've been feeling a lot of love for purple lately. It's great for Halloween cards, and this is a super cute one! I'm glad you shared it with us at Two Old Bats!!

Kathy Krug said...

This is just so well planned from the background paper to the sentiment and the wonderful owls. Great job on this design.

Diane said...

Well hello there! Thank you for entering your awesome card into our challenge at Two Old bats!
Diane TOB DT {Nellies Nest}

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card my friend, love the slim line, dies and love everything about this one...xx

Tammy L said...

Great card and I love the little feather element. What a great detail! Thanks for joining us at 2 Old Bats Halloween challenge this month.
Tammy DT

Judy Woodland said...

Wow, I would never have thought to use the feathers with those owls, you are a GENIUS!! This is just the cutest card. I love the background patterned paper with all the words, and that owl die cut is perfect. Great color combo too. Super adorable.

Darlene said...

Hello again my friend! Thanks SO MUCH for supporting us here at Two Old Bats. Your creation is fabulous and very inspirational! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back each month. Remember, if we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE.

Darlene
TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails