Translate

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

It's a Celebration!

 Happy New Year and welcome to 2024 Blog land!
 
It's time for a celebration at the Double D Challenge Blog and I can't help but think of the lyrics to Kool & the Gang's "Celebration".  
 
There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last throughout (8) the years
So bring your good times and your laughter too
We gonna celebrate your party with you
Come on now
 Let's all celebrate and have a good time
We gon' celebrate and have a good time
 
The Double D is celebrating it's 8th year which brings us to our first challenge theme of the year...
 
Be inspired by the bronze colors or just make a birthday or anniversary project.
 
A prize will be awarded to one lucky winner chosen by random draw.


Altenew Floral Frame Stamp set & Project sheet
Spellbinders Hand Drawn Scallops EB folder
Scrapbook.com Glitter Brush Marker
 
I went with a birthday card and a splash of bronze.
 
Birthday Bash

There's no bronze paper currently in my stash so I opted for a rich brown base for this card.  The pastel colors of the patterned paper were a great contrast to the darker base.  I double cut the tree and sentiment using two complimentary shades for both.  The final embellishment...yes, I have bronze sequins!
 
 
From my stash...
Bazzill Cardstock
Catherine Pooler Sequins
Impression Obsession Bare Christmas Tree
My Color Cardstock
Prima Sugar Cookie Collection
Stamplorations/Cutplorations Sentiment 
 
Sharing in these challenges:
 


Stop by and play along with the Birthday/Anniversary Challenge.
You could be a prize winner.

And, here's more to celebrate... 
Another new Double D, "Darlene and Diane" challenge blog starts tomorrow, January 4th.  This blog is all about using those sentiment stamps and die cuts.  "Word Power" will have no theme other than using making words the focus of your project.  Stop by tomorrow and play along with this new challenge blog.


Thanks for stopping by in this New Year!
Hope to see you again soon.

15 comments:

Diane said...

A beautifully created card with your pretty papers and dies, a perfect way to celebrate! Thanks for all you do and we are honored to have you as part of our creative team and that you have hung with us for so long, (I enjoy our convo's we have too), happy new year my friend!!

Donna Phelan said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love the shades of colors in these subtle tones and that fabulous sentiment and die cut leaf/tree--in fact I am looking at it in real life right now! Thank you! It's a beauty! Happy New Year!

Birgit said...

This card is beautiful Vicki! I love the background paper and the sweet colors you've used on the dies. Thanks so much for planting that earworm in my ear. I'll be singing that song all day! hahaha!

Darlene said...

WOW What a beautiful birthday card! You always come up with fabulous designs that inspire us all. I'm so glad you've stuck with us all these years and hope you will continue to do so. We love our team ladies! Here's to another fun year of card making with DD ... can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve in 2024!

Barbara said...

Absolutely beautiful color pallet with the bronze! It makes for a soft look that I seem to gravitate to lately. You have a way with papers and this one is top notch! We have so much fun here on this challenge and I am so glad that you and I are teammates.

Leslie Miller said...

Vickie, I always look forward to seeing what patterned paper you'll use next. I love this stuff, but maybe I collect and hoard a little too much. Love how you brought all these beautiful parts together. I'm happy to be celebrating today with you!

aussie aNNie said...

Great project and love seeing your great variety of designs... xx

Judy Woodland said...

What a beautiful and fabulous creation you have here. That patterned paper is fantastic and show cases the die cut tree and greeting perfectly. I love everything about this. Oh, and thanks for putting that song in my head, it will reside there for several days now.....lol!!!XO~

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love this card, Vicki. The papers you chose provide a wonderful color scheme and showcases that wonderful tree so well. Love the layers and fun sentiment. Always a joy to see your work at The Four Seasons.

cheiro urgia said...

What a beautiful birthday card, I love your layering, and the colous concept of your creation. The soft background papers give a perfect touch of winter/Christmas magic, and the dark brown ones looks like a frame to the scenery. The pink Christmas tree is a wonderful centerpiece, and the bold birthday greeting couldn't be more perfect for the occasion. Great idea to use some sequins for the bling. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika

Karen Letchworth said...

This is so pretty and I love the colors, Vicki. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

ScrappyHorses said...

What a fun whimsical paper for this card so full of celebration! Great font and the sequins add just the right sparkle! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

Ellibelle said...

What a fun design and beautiful color scheme!
Thanks so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love all the layers and texture and the pretty color scheme! Thanks for playing along with us at the Alphabet Challenge!

Larelyn said...

So pretty. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up "Anything Goes" challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails