Translate

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Best Day Ever

 Welcome crafty friends!

There's a new challenge starting today at the Double D Challenge Blog.  The theme is anything "Water Related" (Ocean, rain, waterfall, etc.).  They're sharing a beautiful mood board and a prize to one entry chosen by random draw.

Spellbinders Head in the Clouds Embossing Folder
 
BEST DAY EVER
 
I made a flat shaker card for this challenge.  The arched window shape is new to me and I thought it would make a great embellishment on a summer scrapbook layout if not as a card.  I adhered additional stickers, sequins and chipboard pieces to the background paper before adding the frame.  The window is transparency attached to the frame and then adhered to the background with foam tape.  The additional chipboard pieces were glued to the outside of the frame and the sentiment banner is adhered with foam tape for dimension also. 
 
From my stash...
Dress My Crafts Sequins
Paper Studios Beach Collection
Paper Studios Flat cards 

Thanks for stopping by today.
Hope to see you back again soon.


6 comments:

Birgit said...

Vicki you have outdone yourself with this beautiful card! I love the brilliant colors, the design and all the wonderful layers. And it's a shaker card too?? You win!!

Donna Phelan said...

AMAZING! I love everything about this gem! Shaker! Arch! Fishies! The papers look fantastic! This is so beautiful! Would be fabulous on a scrapbook page! Do It!!!!

Darlene said...

WOW what an awesome under the sea flat shaker creation! LOVE IT!!!

Judy Woodland said...

This is simply fabulous. I love all your stickers and die cut elements and that dimension is amazing. You have really created a wonderful scene here, very cool.

Barbara said...

My very first impression when I saw this card, was that it looked like a fancy aquarium. I still think that it does, but looking at it closer, I see so much detail that you added. I love the bright orange fish and that shaker element too. Swimmingly done!

Leslie Miller said...

Outstanding shaker card, Vicki! The underwater scene is ideal and so detailed and interesting. I love the arch shape. This is the card that keeps on giving because the recipient will want to keep it on display as home decor. So beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails