Translate

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Family is the Anchor...

 Welcome friends!
 
It's July and we're getting ready to celebrate the 4th of July holiday here in the USA!  The weather is great and boating is a favorite pastime for many in our area living near the Chesapeake Bay.

A new challenge is up on the Double D Challenge Blog and the theme is, "Nautical".  

There's a mood board for inspiration and a prize up for grabs.
 
 

I was inspired by the anchor and seagull photos.

Family is the anchor...
 
The seagull background paper has been in my scrap box for quite a while just waiting for the perfect time to use it...and it worked great for this card theme.  The chipboard anchor you may recognize.  It was saved from a pair of Sperry shoes purchased a few years ago.  I gave it a coat of gesso and several layers if acrylic.  The sentiment is computer generated and speaks volumes to me.  Family has been the lifeline for our circle especially the past few years.  It's matted it with a pop of Tuscan gold that picked up the color of the seagull beaks and background mat. And the final touch was a bit of cording.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope to see you here again soon.
 


6 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, what a fabulous recycle piece with that anchor, LOVE this beautiful card with the awesome and perfect sentiment too, fabulous my friend!!

Birgit said...

This is lovely Vicki! What a great repurpose for that wonderful anchor tag. I just love getting inspiration from my friends. I'll be looking at all the tags now. ;0) Happy 4th of July!

Donna Phelan said...

FAB Designer Paper and I adore that large anchor and looooove that sentiment! Clever of you to recycle the anchor, such a great idea! Papers and shoe tags collide lol Great card!

Darlene said...

WOW this is just AWESOME! Love your CAS design and that sentiment is PERFECT! Says it all! Have a wonderful 4th weekend ... be safe!

Barbara said...

Creators find inspiration everywhere, but you too this to another level. I had to laugh when you said the anchor was from a pair of shoes. Now I see that you have created a fun and pleasing card from it. I need to keep my eyes peeled for more inspiration like this.

Judy Woodland said...

Such a fabulous design, love how you repurposed that anchor. Everything about this card sings to be - that wonderful seagull background patterned paper, and that knotted cord at the top just all work perfectly together. Simply AMAZING!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails