Translate

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Fall is coming...

 Good morning crafty friends!

Just a few more days and it will officially be fall, my favorite time of year.  I love the crisp air and changing colors painted by Mother Nature.  To me, it's the best time of year.

The Double D is sharing their newest challenge for the second half of September and the theme is "Fall Leaves".  There's a great mood board to inspire you and a fun prize to one lucky winner chosen by random draw.  You can see the guidelines HERE.

The inspiration...
The prize being offered...

I came up with this fall card...
 
Hello FALL
 
I found this piece of patterned paper in my stash and I think it may be remnants of a Basic Grey collection.   Anyway, it worked for the background of this fall themed card.  I matted it twice with orange and kraft cardstock.  The die cut ovals are cut from the cardstock also with the top piece being from another mfg.  I stamped, cut and inked the leaves using distress inks.  The pine cones are inked along the edges too.  The sentiment stamp and die cut are from the same collection as the leaves.  All part of a new set added to my crafty goodness.

From my stash
Basic Grey PP
Bazzill Cardstock - Kraft, Tangelo
49 & Market PP - Nature Study Soar
Le Crea 3-D Pine Cone Die
Sizzix/Katie Pertiet/49 & Mkt. Hello Fall Stamp & Die Set
Tim Holtz Distress Inks 
Bundled Sage, Forest Moss, Spiced Marmalade
Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey
Tuttie Designs Scallope Stitched Nesting Ovals

Thanks for stopping by today.
Hope to see you back again soon.
 

 

5 comments:

Diane said...

Perfect background paper for your gorgeous leaves, a beautifully created fall card!!

Donna Phelan said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the colors and your Designer Paper and how you layered it with the colors. Your leaves are so pretty and Fall like and I love the addition of the pine cones! Hello Fall indeed!

Birgit said...

What a gorgeous fall card, Vicki! I love all the layering and those pretty leaves and pine cones. Such a lovely card!!

Darlene said...

This is awesome! From the scalloped ovals to the beautiful leaves! Fabulous Fall creation!

Judy Woodland said...

What a pretty card, and great for fall. The layered ovals are the perfect backdrop for your leaves, which are beautifully colored. And that patterned paper just ties everything together. Gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails