Translate

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Time for Sunflowers!

 Welcome creative friends!

We made it through the summer heat and working our way into fall.  In our area, sunflower fields are abundant and a photographer's dream setting for photo sessions.  Fun fact...sun flowers face east as the sun comes up and turn to face the west as the sun goes down.

The new September challenge at the Double D is "Sunflowers".  They're sharing a gorgeous mood board and a prize to one lucky winner chosen by random draw.
 
 
Spellbinders Sunflower and Ladybug Dies
 
Here's my sunflower inspiration...
 
 
  This sunflower die has been in my stash for quite a while and it always comes out this time of year.  I tried a new technique for inking that a friend recently shared with me.  I die cut the flower and placed it back into the negative space it was cut from.  My craft mat is magnetic (please don't look at the glue mess on it) and I used the magnet pegs to hold the paper in place while inking.  I was happy how much easier it was to ink while in the original cut space.



 
After inking, I die cut a second white sunflower to offset the first.  It gave a little more dimension to the flower.  The sentiment is part of a new stamp set I added to my stash recently.
 

 From my stash...
Graphic 45 Time To Flourish Collection
Poppy Stamps Sunflower
Queen & Co. Sunflower Yellow Jewels
Sizzix/49 & Market, Katie Pertiet Design Thanks Stamp/Die Set
Spellbinders Pinking Circle Small 
Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint for Stem/Leaves
Walnut Stain for Flower Seeds
Tutti Designs Stitched Nesting Rectangle
 
Sharing in these challenges:


 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

 

11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and excellent colors love this and a great design xx

Birgit said...

A gorgeous and grand sunflower indeed! Love this large bloom and the circular sentiment. So very sweet!

Diane said...

I love this gorgeous sunflower card and the beautiful way you have inked it, I have this die and you have inspired me to get it out and have some fun with it, stunning card my friend!!

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous! That sunflower die is very unique and beautiful, fun to get it all inked up! Love your pretty background too and your sentiment looks like it has a stamp of approval--so neat! Love this!

Darlene said...

Great job on the technique ... this card is FABULOUS! Love that you chose this dark green background ... really makes the sunflower front & center! Well done my friend ... beautiful Fall inspiration!

baileyrosy.com said...

What a stunner!!!Such a fabulous card coloured to perfection this really stood out to me in the gallery.

Marie

Nancy said...

I can certainly see why you bring it out once a year, what a gorgeous die! Great sense of balance and tones. I adore this card! We appreciate you playing along at Color Hues.

Leslie Miller said...

Love that beautiful sunflower die! The little bit of white offset is perfect. I've been thinking about magnetic and/or sticky mats. Tools like that can make life in the craft room so much easier. I also love the rich green paper in the background. A WOW card, for sure!

Judy Woodland said...

What a great tip, thanks for sharing. I love the color of your background patterned paper, it really shows off that pretty sunflower. Gorgeous card!!

Diane said...

Well you already know I adore this card, so thank you for sharing it with us at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
Co-Owner: {Triple B},NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers}, {Double D}, {Word Power}, {Peace On Earth}, {Four Seasons}, {Two Old Bats}, {Can You Handle The Pressure}, {Stencil Fun}, {Simply Clean & Simple}

Julie B said...

I can see why this is a fall back choice at this time of year, it's a fab die brought to life by your colouring. Thanks for being inspired by the Color Hues colours. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails